Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » HD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page HD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My vinyl is definitely warmer now. It's all sitting in boxes in my garage.

09-03-2002 16:38 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got my vinyl boxed up in a closet. I'm afraid to put it in the heat. Of course I haven't listened to an album in at least 5 years. I have nearly all the vinyl replaced with CD's. At least the ones I wanted replaced.

09-03-2002 16:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Neil Young hates CD's or at least did. He was strongly against them and did all kinds of interviews for years denouncing them. He said that vinyl was warmer sounding. I understand somewhat what he meant. Some of those early CD's did not have good sound quality. Now they sound better. I have some CD's that I upgraded when they were remastered and there was a world of difference.

CDs have come a long way... Neil still frenches Wink

09-03-2002 16:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm not surprised. I haven't seen him much lately. I wonder what he'll have to say about SACD and DVD-Audio.

09-03-2002 16:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I'm not surprised. I haven't seen him much lately. I wonder what he'll have to say about SACD and DVD-Audio.

I read an article when his new CD came out last spring and it was mostly him railing on CDs.

09-03-2002 16:50 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Does anybody really care what Neil Young thinks about CDs? It doesn't seem like it.....

09-03-2002 16:50 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

In that case, it's the same old Neil. Some of his lesser performing albums he swore he would never release on CD. This was a few years ago. I think all of them eventually were released even if it was just as imports. I'm not sure though.

09-03-2002 16:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Does anybody really care what Neil Young thinks about CDs? It doesn't seem like it.....

I like Neil... but he is pretty out there Pleased

09-03-2002 16:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I only have a couple of CD's: Decade and Freedom.

09-03-2002 17:06 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I only have a couple of CD's: Decade and Freedom.

I only have a few myself.
Mostly live stuff.

09-04-2002 10:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » HD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH