Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » unreleased stuff » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page unreleased stuff
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by brdhsnyrsoul
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It does pretty much suck that pan and scan is even an option. Why would a director who worked so hard to get a shot just right - turn around and ruin it for the video renting community. I just don't get it.

Widescreen rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-10-2002 10:30 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What really glows with warmth is that some DVDs (Disney ones, for example) ONLY have pan and scan! Only! There is no reason for a DVD not to have widescreen at least as an OPTION, but I guess Disney has to be able to put a colorful label on one side... Mad
09-10-2002 11:22 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I buy Disney DVDs, but I only buy the ones released widescreen (well - except for the treasures - I like those) - but with all the work that goes into animation - I can't bear to see it all hacked up....

09-10-2002 11:25 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Remember when DVD's were two sided with widescreen on one side and pan and scan on the other? Then companies realized they could release two separate discs.

The Pink Panther has both versions using both sides of the disc. Peter Sellers is great.

09-10-2002 13:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Yes - I have a few like that

But what's the deal with Robin Hood?

The movie is on both sides of the disc, but only half the movie on each side.....

pretty lame use of a DVD Confused

09-10-2002 13:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

uhhhhh.. that's the kevin costner robin hood - not disney

09-10-2002 13:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I think a "Preachers from outer space part 2" would be cooler than HD part 2.

09-10-2002 15:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

why not just put them together for a 2 disc set?

09-10-2002 15:24 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

why not just put them together for a 2 disc set?

HD II holds no interest for me.

09-10-2002 15:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

sacrilige

09-10-2002 15:29 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
sacrilige

how many copies of HD do you really want to own?

09-10-2002 15:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

true - but then - my duplicate pile has to start somewhere - right? Roll Eyes

09-10-2002 15:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
true - but then - my duplicate pile has to start somewhere - right? Roll Eyes

yeah... that duplicate pile thing is bad... sounds like someone needs a DA 12 step program!

09-10-2002 15:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

The thing is - if it said DA in the title - he'd buy it

09-10-2002 15:34 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
The thing is - if it said DA in the title - he'd buy it

That's the sad truth eh?

09-10-2002 15:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

UMMMM - hi - my name is bird boy

and I'm a DAMBaholic

uh - I mean - a da-aholic

uh - maybe i'm both

09-10-2002 15:46 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
UMMMM - hi - my name is bird boy

and I'm a DAMBaholic

watch you mouth birdy! Evil

09-10-2002 15:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Hey - I thought this was a support group

come on, Dr. Rich - name that thang

09-10-2002 16:08 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Hey - I thought this was a support group

come on, Dr. Rich - name that thang

ohhh right, I mean "I feel your pain."

Tongue

09-10-2002 16:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » unreleased stuff

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH