Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Motor Cycle » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Motor Cycle
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
i'm not rich...nor did i inherit someone's collection...
i sold about $400 of my music collection in the past few months...and God whispered in my ear to dig into the treasure that is Terry Taylor...
...and that is the whole truth!

which is all the more reason these things should be in print.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

03-31-2008 05:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

MC - my take Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

- A good mix of songs
- Unusual instrumentation
- Lush production
- Great theme & flow
- Jerry & Rob are back!

MC is not for eveyone, especially if you prefer the raw, rough recording that followed, but it should be. It remains one of my favorites to this day. Also in both lyrical and musical content I think MBD bears some similarities.

Okay, here's a question for those who have the CD: what do the symbols on the wheel represent?

03-31-2008 08:02 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: MC - my take Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Okay, here's a question for those who have the CD: what do the symbols on the wheel represent?

I'd have to take it out to look at it (haven't dug it up in a while), but I thought it was just a compass superimposed over a motorcycle wheel.
03-31-2008 19:30 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looks like some kind of compass.

03-31-2008 20:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Motorcycle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have loved this one since my first listen. To coin a phrase by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco it's "dense pop songs". Strangely MC reminds me of The Dukes of Stratosphere(AKA XTC). The CD 25'oclock was a deliberate attempt at recreating the lush psycadelia of the Beatles, with a little Floyd thrown in for good measure. I think MC is much better though. More musical and the Harmonies!!
I think MBD does have a lot of similarities to MC, but MBD is much more diverse musically. Like all of Terry's alter egos thrown onto one album. It's more of a white album type of thing.

I ramble on...
04-07-2008 18:14 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Motorcycle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jon eddies
I have loved this one since my first listen. To coin a phrase by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco it's "dense pop songs". Strangely MC reminds me of The Dukes of Stratosphere.

Me too. Cool

04-07-2008 18:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Motor Cycle

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH