Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joel & Pentecost » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joel & Pentecost
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

WHY DUMP??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hate the dump! I don't get it? The whole idea of a thread is that it continues and connects one thought to another.

My valid question doesn't make this a distasteful argument and neither does the response!

As Bill the Cat once said, "ACK, Plllbbbbt!"

August 2005
06-09-2003 15:11 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
I hate the dump! I don't get it? The whole idea of a thread is that it continues and connects one thought to another.

My valid question doesn't make this a distasteful argument and neither does the response!

As Bill the Cat once said, "ACK, Plllbbbbt!"

Down boy down boy......just posting for fun.....oh boy here we go again. If I offended you sorry and blah blah blah and blah blah blah. Big Grin

Really though sorry dude! Big Grin Big Grin

06-09-2003 15:17 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no offense taken.

truthfully though, I just checked out the dump for the first time and it is a stinky place. I see why we want to keep it where it is.

I thought I had too much time on my hands.

You people are(read: I am)...serious? intense? focused? well read? pious? goofy? sincere? lost? found? lonely? family?

August 2005
06-09-2003 15:53 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
no offense taken.

truthfully though, I just checked out the dump for the first time and it is a stinky place. I see why we want to keep it where it is.

I thought I had too much time on my hands.

You people are(read: I am)...serious? intense? focused? well read? pious? goofy? sincere? lost? found? lonely? family?

LOL!

This place is great!

06-09-2003 15:55 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:

That dump is wonderful... it's so much fun...
06-09-2003 16:42 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Maybe I will. Anyone one want to join the Lost Canine Pointless Pontification cd club?

oh yeah! yes please.

07-08-2003 11:00 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:

And the Dump is different from the rest of the board in this regard HOW????

Tongue Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
07-08-2003 11:14 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

and the dump differs from Gehenna
how?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-08-2003 11:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

07-08-2003 11:22 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
and the dump differs from Gehenna
how?

Now THAT's a legitimate argument.... Big Grin

07-08-2003 11:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

it would be cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to start an area for sermons.
I have one or two that got me kicked out of congregations (not really)
as in this one ?? posed.

Where does it say our names are ADDED in the Book of Life?
Chapter and verse please.

07-08-2003 11:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

SORRY- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THIS IS DUMP MATERIAL-
I GOT ALL SPIRITUALLY OVERDONE.....

07-08-2003 11:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

I assume you know this part already, but.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Rev. 20:15 says that those NOT in the Book of Life are cast into the fire.... which certainly infers that those Christ has saved ARE written in it.... But if y'r looking for a "positive" statement (i.e., like you have it above), y'r right, it ain't there....

07-08-2003 11:53 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
THIS IS DUMP MATERIAL-
I GOT ALL SPIRITUALLY OVERDONE.....

Well, it IS called "Joel and Pentecost," right? So who gives a flying squirrel? There's always time to relocate if it turns ugly (as opposed to just turning into something else yet again, as per usual....)

07-08-2003 11:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

WELL-
in a sermonette I used that area of revelation...
17:8

The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world .

I infered the POSSIBILITY (not biblcal fact at all) that God is gracious enough, and loves us enough to have written EVERYONES name in at creation (pretty omnicient, one would think- and a very pro-life statement in my book)- and only speaks of removing (blotted out)it out because of the judgement of our lives. It was pure conjecture, but rather "fit" into some other things I was refering to concerning His infinite mercy.(and a song)

well- I got that 1 minute statement refuted publically- in a whole nuther lonnngg sermon about ALL we must do before God even CONSIDERS pickin up His erasable pencil to temporarily scratch in our "very removable-so watch yerself bud" - handle.
Ah the joys of brotherhood and free thinking.

So it sticks in my craw a bit when we sing the old tune
"Theres a New Name Written Down in Glory-
and its mine- oh yes its mine"

jiMiNy

07-08-2003 12:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Galatians 4

1What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a child, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2He is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba,[1] Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

^dat's good news Big Grin

you got nothing to worry about bro. jiminy Big Grin Big Grin

07-08-2003 12:25 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

So let me see if I get this.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yr issue is with the TIMING of said writing (and whether God had to go back & do some editing), not with who specifically is written in?

If so: Pure conjecture, maybe, but I can work with that.... except, if you go with the doctrine of original sin, we'd've ALL been edited out at one time, presumably....

(hmmm.... methinks this is about ready to go in the Dump now....Big Grin )

07-08-2003 12:28 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

CS
good point- and though perhaps not "original" I think our nature leans us toward sin. Uhm, I mean USED too- cuz I aint one o dem rotten disgusting things anymore- since I had me plaque on de door!

It was just a point..not well taken.
D8
I AM an heir-and I KNOW it takes acceptance and repentance on our part- I just threw it out there as sort of a Tuesday whats on yer alleged mind sort of things......

jiMiNy
Pencils poised? - copy this!

07-08-2003 12:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joel & Pentecost

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH