Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » WEWH » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page WEWH
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Yes, it is amazing that M8 did it. However, I believe it turned out so well because of the Townsends, Terry & Co.

I agree they really put allot into that bookset, as well as WEWH set. If they let M8 do all of it I think it would not have been any where near as good.

BD
07-25-2002 21:49 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

and yet... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, maybe a few of us recall a post on the DADL a while ago where M8 honcho Brad Hamilton threatened to not do AC if people continued to bug him about various things. To me, this was a telling sign of things to come. AC was done well and done right, but it might have been the last thing.

Oh yeah, I guess they did okay with Farm Beatles/Swirling Mellow and the C-stone live series. But LRRH and particularly SA were slight disappointments to me. I know some of you really ripped into the problems, but they weren't huge to me, just annoying and nagging. I guess I should be grateful that someone is "working to keep the classics alive", but it shouldn't be too much to expect a minimal level of quality and workmanship.

Brad, if you're lurking... anything you want to say in your defense?

07-25-2002 21:59 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

Oh yeah, I guess they did okay with Farm Beatles/Swirling Mellow and the C-stone live series. But LRRH and particularly SA were slight disappointments to me.

they were ok, but nothing specialFrown

LRRH and SA should have been special, but they weren't. And for those of us who knew what they should sound like were at the least a little dissapointed.

But I had forgotten all about it until now! thanks!

BD Wink
07-25-2002 22:03 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:

Oh yeah, I guess they did okay with Farm Beatles/Swirling Mellow and the C-stone live series. But LRRH and particularly SA were slight disappointments to me.

they were ok, but nothing specialFrown

LRRH and SA should have been special, but they weren't. And for those of us who knew what they should sound like were at the least a little dissapointed.

But I had forgotten all about it until now! thanks!

BD Wink

The packaging/artwork of M8 releases were not very good quality. The one thing that I did admire was the idea of keeping the classics alive. Of course, the sound quality was not always very good on the live material. I am especially thinking of a couple of the Michael Knott live at Cornerstone CD's.

07-26-2002 21:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich

quote:
Well, maybe a few of us recall a post on the DADL a while ago where M8 honcho Brad Hamilton threatened to not do AC if people continued to bug him about various things. To me, this was a telling sign of things to come. AC was done well and done right, but it might have been the last thing.

Oh yeah, I guess they did okay with Farm Beatles/Swirling Mellow and the C-stone live series. But LRRH and particularly SA were slight disappointments to me. I know some of you really ripped into the problems, but they weren't huge to me, just annoying and nagging. I guess I should be grateful that someone is "working to keep the classics alive", but it shouldn't be too much to expect a minimal level of quality and workmanship.

Brad, if you're lurking... anything you want to say in your defense?

LRRH does have some quirks, but I don't mind that. Mike Roe gave me a little grief when I asked him to sign this. He said "what kind of version is this?" and did not seem too impressed by it.

SA is alright. Maybe it does sound like a bunch of mp3's... I don't know.
The live bonus tracks sounds like crap.
I like the radio show Smile

but I did like the mellow/farm beatles and the live C'stone 2000 stuff. Smile )

I also like the LSU/Lifesavers re-issues... though it sounds like Mike Knott was ripped off Evil

07-27-2002 14:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yeah, I've heard Michael Knott didn't receive a cent. Don't know if it's true.

07-27-2002 15:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » WEWH

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH