Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Green Room Serenade » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Green Room Serenade
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Green Room Serenade Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know that Green Room Serenade Part 2 was never completed, but how much of it was? I know there's the one track from it on Best of the Dogs, but were there others recorded? If so, will they ever see the light of day?

BTW, I just got part 1, and I love it. I think it must be one CD's ever released by any incarnation of TST.
04-18-2002 19:17 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gamgee
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm the first one replying to my thread (and just a few seconds later, too). How pathetic is that? But I have another questio: why does the insert for GRS only have "selected lyrics"? Is there any special reason why there are no lyrics for Close But No Cigar, Mexico, and others printed there?
04-18-2002 19:19 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

In my limited knowledge Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As far as I have been told.

Pretend I'm elvis - was to be on GRSII

And the selected lyrics you'll find are all TST lyrics.

It is not likely that any more of the GRSII songs will make it to light in the Lost Dogs form expecialy as there is no Gene and the other 3 have moved on from where they were when those ones were done.

I think back at DA.com under articles or maybe on the lost dogs page there is an article on the whole GRSII thing.
04-18-2002 20:15 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just digging up bones.

09-06-2002 21:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Why?

(I'm back)
09-06-2002 21:49 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Since on The Lost Dogs site there is now listed Green Room Serenade Tour CD. I can't remember the exact name. I figured someone would ask, "When is GRS Part II going to be released?"

09-06-2002 21:52 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

The CD listed in the Dogs webstore is called "Green Room Serenade Part Tour." But is that the same as Part II, or is it something different?
09-07-2002 10:01 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Something different.

If you read closely I believe you can tell that it will be from the current tour by the tour name. Read the tour name on this DA homepage.

09-07-2002 10:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Something different.

If you read closely I believe you can tell that it will be from the current tour by the tour name. Read the tour name on this DA homepage.

it will still be cool I bet Big Grin

09-12-2002 16:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

The two long lost great albums of all time:

The Beach Boys "Smile"
The Lost Dogs "Green Room Serenade 2"
09-12-2002 17:09
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia

The Beach Boys "Smile"

Woops, I just renminded myself of another long lost great album on another thread. Here's the revised list:

The Beach Boys "Smile"
Larry Norman "Rehearsal for Reality"

Any more?
09-12-2002 17:14
Mark Mark is a male

How about Adam Again - Guadalupe?

09-12-2002 20:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:

I'll take your word on it. Here's the listt now of great albums that never were. Any more?

The Beach Boys "Smile"
Adam Again "Guadalupe"
09-12-2002 23:19
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia

The Beach Boys "Smile"

I think there is some kind of version of "smile" floating out there...

09-13-2002 16:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

what's the story on this one? was that what Gene was working on at the time of his death??

09-13-2002 16:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

let us hear it....let us hear it.....

09-13-2002 16:52 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
let us hear it....let us hear it.....

I think all he had was a title.... nothing else. Frown

09-13-2002 17:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

rats - I really like Rich Mullins' Jesus project - I even like his rough versions better than the polished second disc.....that was some fine songwriting....

09-13-2002 17:03 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

Updated list of great projects that never saw their intended completion (although the last one may be debatable in terms of "completion", it depends how you look at it):

The Beach Boys "Smile"
Adam Again "Guadalupe"
Rich Mullins "The Jesus Record"

PS
http://jupiter.cs.wayne.edu/~lrm/mullins.htm
09-13-2002 21:01
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

what's the story on this one? was that what Gene was working on at the time of his death??

This was actually listed in CCM bookstore catalogs and is still listed on Amazon, though it was never completed.

09-13-2002 23:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Green Room Serenade

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH