Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alright, here's a thinkin' poll » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alright, here's a thinkin' poll
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Alright, here's a thinkin' poll Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think most of us here has tried to turn someone new onto DA, with little to no success. Most of the people I've given CDs to have thanked me for the gift, told me I was a strange, strange man and then thanked me not to gift them again.

Puzzling.

But what is the reverse of this? What are bands you've wanted to request to fans of DA but were afraid of the reaction you'd receive?

For me, I'd say oth Ben Folds Five and Jellyfish. The former made great piano rock, not unlike punkier Joe Jackson, but had a "not ready for radio" bit of a mouth on 'em. The latter released one of the most perfect pop-rock albums of all time, being "Spilt Milk", which has the distinction of being one of the most sacriligious, virulently angry, anti-Christianity recordings I've ever heard.

Anyone want to respond?
DwD
12-08-2003 06:47 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Shemp
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

XTC
"Dear God"
12-08-2003 07:48
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dwd-
have not heard BFF or Jellyfish- though am familiar with both names.
Fellows on tbe boards have name dropped MANY bands which I have picked up on.
ie-Waterboys, SpyGlass Blue, and other indie acts.

Fer me- I guess there is a number of Old Rock groups that I really like-
Captain Beyond for one (have mentioned them here)

Also - I know that fellow DAMBers have helped me by sparking my "reinterest"for lack of a better term- in things like Mr Cash, or Adam Again for instance.

ON the same vein only backward..I just re-read the MBD reviews linked on this homepage- if you aint done that in a while- do a favor and try again.. it made terrys comment in CCM on "which is my fave?" a bit more outstanding....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-08-2003 07:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

I've had mixed reaction when trying to turn folks onto DA - out of the two folks I've given CD's too, one loved it while the other scrunched up his nose and said, "It's not really my style..."

Although, the Alarma Chronicles have received a lot of positive reaction when I pop them in the CD player while at home - mostly for nostalgic eighties sound value, but hey, it's a start.

Other bands? Well, I really like BFF - I don't have any of their stuff, but I thought "Brick" was a wonderful tune played on our college station once in a while.

My friends have called me very strange for liking the Lost Dogs as well. But hey, I could try pimping for Adam Again.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

12-08-2003 10:02 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alright, here's a thinkin' poll

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH