Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » it's just the bass player again, every one calm down » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page it's just the bass player again, every one calm down
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

it's just the bass player again, every one calm down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi kids! it's friday. and that means it's time for a story. no it's not a DA story, it's an America's Funniest Videos moment. no i didn't get hit in the crotch with a baseball bat but it's almost as good! it was a rather spectacular event last thanksgiving and it's truly a shame that no one was standing by with a camera. (even though it happened to me, it was hysterically funny, even at the moment.)

i was with my family at a friends house along with a large number of people. so many in fact that the hostess had to put several tables together in order to seat everyone.

my wife and i sat across from each other at what appeared to be a card table. it was pushed up against another table and what the hostess failed to mention was that each of it's four legs was resting on a stack of 5 books to bring it up to the level of the table next to it. (it had a long tablecloth which hid the accident-waiting-to-happen setup.)

yes, of course you can see this coming down the block. we had all just been seated, said grace, and all i did was lift my knife and fork and just baaaaarely touch a piece of turkey.

in a monty python-like exaggeration of violence, the table instantly and completely collapsed, food and wine went flying and spraying into the air, glasses and plates crashed into splinters on the floor, and people were running and screaming.

i'm almost certain that at least one person had a large gob of dressing fly into their face and they had to do the old Oliver Hardy thing where they have to scoop the stuff out of each eye sockett, slowly, and then give a slow burn (at me, in this case.)

i'm also pretty sure that i fell down during the whole thing because i had food and wine all over me and derri of the Choir (sorry carl) and jerry chamberlain were both standing over me mocking and laughing.

well folks, how about you? any AFV moments at semi-formal (or other) gatherings? tell us if you fell down or got hit in the crotch with a baseball bat in front of a large group of people!
04-16-2004 13:24 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's hilarious Tim!

i got hit in the crotch with a line-drived softball in front of many of my junior high friends. That was not hilarious...to me.
04-16-2004 13:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You love feeding my sermon illustration file, don't you!

04-16-2004 13:31 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

junior high line-drive-to-the-crotch incidents are dfinitely not funny at the time. i had a few of those too, baxter.
04-16-2004 13:32 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Big Grin yeah, but being the second-biggest fish in a small pond ain't nothin'! :P Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi kids! it's friday. and that means it's time for a story. no it's not a DA story, it's an America's Funniest Videos moment. no i didn't get hit in the crotch with a baseball bat but it's almost as good! it was a rather spectacular event last thanksgiving and it's truly a shame that no one was standing by with a camera. (even though it happened to me, it was hysterically funny, even at the moment.)

i was with my family at a friends house along with a large number of people. so many in fact that the hostess had to put several tables together in order to seat everyone.

my wife and i sat across from each other at what appeared to be a card table. it was pushed up against another table and what the hostess failed to mention was that each of it's four legs was resting on a stack of 5 books to bring it up to the level of the table next to it. (it had a long tablecloth which hid the accident-waiting-to-happen setup.)

yes, of course you can see this coming down the block. we had all just been seated, said grace, and all i did was lift my knife and fork and just baaaaarely touch a piece of turkey.

in a monty python-like exaggeration of violence, the table instantly and completely collapsed, food and wine went flying and spraying into the air, glasses and plates crashed into splinters on the floor, and people were running and screaming.

i'm almost certain that at least one person had a large gob of dressing fly into their face and they had to do the old Oliver Hardy thing where they have to scoop the stuff out of each eye sockett, slowly, and then give a slow burn (at me, in this case.)

i'm also pretty sure that i fell down during the whole thing because i had food and wine all over me and derri of the Choir (sorry carl) and jerry chamberlain were both standing over me mocking and laughing.

well folks, how about you? any AFV moments at semi-formal (or other) gatherings? tell us if you fell down or got hit in the crotch with a baseball bat in front of a large group of people!

Now y'r just sucking up so that K-9 will do sermons about you every week.... Red Face

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-16-2004 13:33 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Daniel Amos

LK-9 -- man, i think you could find a sermon in almost anything. that's a gift!
04-16-2004 13:34 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

That's a great "funny" story Tim Big Grin

04-16-2004 13:34 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Daniel Amos

quote:
Now y'r just sucking up so that K-9 will do sermons about you every week....
Big Grin

("please, LK-9, PLEASE speak of me!!!!!"
04-16-2004 13:35 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: it's just the bass player again, every one calm down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

I shared mine yesterday in the "snow" thread.

Can't beat fun at the county fair.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-16-2004 13:38 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

No spectacular stories to tell Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For Easter we had a huge glazed ham and I went and overdid it.

About twenty minutes of extreme stomach heaviness later, I knew it was gonna get ugly. Problem was, my brother who is known for his crapper sabbaticals, was reigning o'er the throne.

What to do? What to do?

I ran down to the basement and blew chunks down the sump-pump hole.

Hey. You asked.

DwD
04-16-2004 13:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Daniel Amos

DWD -- wow!
04-16-2004 13:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

My AFV story.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was trying to get some good pictures of Mike and Mark in MO and trying to stay out of the Videographer's way I tripped over my own feets and fell to an embarrassing thud. Frown Hope he didn't get that on video Frown

It was kinda funny though Tongue Big Grin

04-16-2004 13:41 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: No spectacular stories to tell Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
For Easter we had a huge glazed ham and I went and overdid it.

About twenty minutes of extreme stomach heaviness later, I knew it was gonna get ugly. Problem was, my brother who is known for his crapper sabbaticals, was reigning o'er the throne.

What to do? What to do?

I ran down to the basement and blew chunks down the sump-pump hole.

Hey. You asked.

DwD

That's one to tell the grandkids!!

04-16-2004 13:42 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

sprinklerhead -- just read your story in the snow thread. that's a classic!!
04-16-2004 13:46 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Might have won the big prize at AFV if we had the camera.

04-16-2004 13:51 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: it's just the bass player again, every one calm down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great story, Tim! Big Grin Cool

So, who was talkin' the MOST turkey? Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-16-2004 14:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I know I've had plenty of moments but my frazzled mind is drawing a blank right now. Probably because of your rock star self appearing here again! Cool

I did see an episode of AFV recently where there was this wedding and the guy (best man?) was blindfolded and getting ready to go up the "brides" dress for the garter... except that it wasn't the bride! Another guy (groom?) had taken the brides' place, complete with frilly skirt. That guy sure looked embarassed when he took his blindfold off after he made a big show of going up the dress to get the garter.

More fun than pin the tail on the donkey, huh?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-16-2004 14:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In the 6th grade it was "cool" to kick each other in the nuts! Frown

04-16-2004 15:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I know I've had plenty of moments but my frazzled mind is drawing a blank right now. Probably because of your rock star self appearing here again! Cool

I did see an episode of AFV recently where there was this wedding and the guy (best man?) was blindfolded and getting ready to go up the "brides" dress for the garter... except that it wasn't the bride! Another guy (groom?) had taken the brides' place, complete with frilly skirt. That guy sure looked embarassed when he took his blindfold off after he made a big show of going up the dress to get the garter.

More fun than pin the tail on the donkey, huh?

Just a clarification:
I watched this same AFV with MF and I believe it was the groom going up the "bride's" dress for the garter (except it was the best man disguised). The groom was completely embarrassed and the bride looked quite pleased. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-17-2004 00:24 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
In the 6th grade it was "cool" to kick each other in the nuts! Frown

In the 8th grade, a guy was bugging me while we were in line for water. I told him over and over to leave me alone and he wouldn't. So I turned around and kneeed (spelling? Confused ) him in the nuts! He was in a lot of pain the rest of the day, and he never bothered me again. Smile )

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-17-2004 00:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » it's just the bass player again, every one calm down

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH