Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » cornerstone- Adam Again » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page cornerstone- Adam Again
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

cornerstone- Adam Again Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dambers
I read in the latest CCM that there was a Gene Eugene Tribute Film to be unvieled at the fest. (The article was about C-based films and movies etc) Told to feature Mike and Terry as well in the Lost Dogs Portion of his career.
Anyone pick that up - or hear about it?
just curious.
JiMiny
07-15-2002 08:01 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i don't think it's available for purchase yet. i missed the cstone showing, but my brother saw it; all i could get out of him was that there were a lot of interviews. i did, however, sign up on a mailing list to receive info about it.
i think when it's ready for sale, they'll probably be spreading the info through all of the usual routes. the people doing it are called something like Edenz films
07-15-2002 08:52 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
why thank you Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey-
we are a pair of peaches!
It sounded interesting- and glad it was at least mentioned in a publication like CCM (takedn for what its worth.)
07-16-2002 10:23 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a website www.edenzfilms.com. The site does not have much on it yet, but eventually there should be info there.

07-16-2002 11:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Pleased

07-16-2002 19:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I won an eBay auction with 3 CDs of Adam Again from cornerstone from 3 different years. I hope it's good.

07-22-2002 14:38 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I won an eBay auction with 3 CDs of Adam Again from cornerstone from 3 different years. I hope it's good.

Congrats. How much did you pay?

-- TAotP
07-22-2002 15:06 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
quote:

Congrats. How much did you pay?

-- TAotP

$15 and it went literally down to the very last second. From the listing:
quote:
Brand New, never played, still factory shrink wrapped!!

3 Live CD's all from Cornerstone (1995, 1997, 2000). over 35 tracks total! Official release from Gene's former band Adam Again.

Record Label & Year: Millenium Eight 2000.

07-22-2002 15:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
anne
A Hot Wolly

it's good if you like adam again!! (which i do)

the sound quality isn't the best -- typical cstone problems w/amps & monitors. but gene rocked da house.

love the live version of 'ain't no sunshine' (i forget which year that was).

and actually, i like the live versions of their earlier songs (the pre-dig albums) better than the studio versions, in general.

plus you get to hear gene yell, "get off the stage, you punks!" at the end of the 97 concert. Big Grin hey it was wicked funny at the time...
07-22-2002 15:54 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

quote:
Originally posted by anne
it's good if you like adam again!! (which i do)

the sound quality isn't the best -- typical cstone problems w/amps & monitors. but gene rocked da house.

love the live version of 'ain't no sunshine' (i forget which year that was).

and actually, i like the live versions of their earlier songs (the pre-dig albums) better than the studio versions, in general.

plus you get to hear gene yell, "get off the stage, you punks!" at the end of the 97 concert. Big Grin hey it was wicked funny at the time...

Where are these recording available? (And I said I'd stop spending so much on music.)

-- TAotP
07-22-2002 15:57 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
Where are these recording available? (And I said I'd stop spending so much on music.)
-- TAotP
There are alot of Cornerstone recordings on eBay. I'll see quickly if I can find another source. someone must be selling these cheese-doodles somewhere.

07-22-2002 16:01 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
anne
A Hot Wolly

well the M8 release can be found at
http://www.m8.com/adamagain_c2k.html

but another version has been released that includes Greg Lawless's solo album plus the 2000 tribute concert... but i'm not sure if it includes the 97 and 95 adamagain concerts or not. i was told by someone on the choir board that this release was remixed and it's EQ'd "much better" than the M8 release.

ah yes, the choir is selling it. here's their info:

Adam Again - Live At Cornerstone 2000 - A Tribute To Gene Eugene
2 CD Set - Over 25 songs. Disc 1: Adam Again at C2K Tribute show with members of 77s, The Choir, Prayer Chain, Undercover, Over The Rhine. This is remixed, re-edited and remastered from the M8 version. Plus a NEW bonus song from Riki Michele of AA. Includes enhanced portion with AA music video, interviews and live concert pix. Disc 2 is Adam Again's Greg Lawless solo record! Click on Cover Image for more information.

CD: $12.99 * ON SALE FOR $9.99*

go to www.thechoir.net and click on "own music". or for more info about the cd, go here:
http://www.thechoir.net/pages/aa_c2k.html

07-22-2002 16:05 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

I've got the tribute one already, I was wanting that acoustic "Ain't No Sunshine."

-- TAotP
07-22-2002 16:33 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

The M8 one does have the live show from 95 that has some "10 songs" songs on it, so I like that one. What little I heard of the Greg solo album didn't sound anything like Adam Again, so I would recommend the M8 version, but what do I know.... Pleased

07-22-2002 16:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
The M8 one does have the live show from 95 that has some "10 songs" songs on it, so I like that one. What little I heard of the Greg solo album didn't sound anything like Adam Again, so I would recommend the M8 version, but what do I know.... Pleased

Yeah, I got the Greg Lawless solo album with the Adam Again C2K CD. I wasn't too impressed it. I thought the vocal were very nasal. I'm just too married to Gene Eugene's voice.

-- TAotP
07-22-2002 17:04 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
anne
A Hot Wolly

well if you get the M8 version (which i have & love), you'll have to let me know how their mix of the 2000 concert compares w/the choir's mix, ok? Smile
07-22-2002 17:28 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:

I got that for Christmas 2000, from Patti. Very good. I likes it a whole lots Wink

07-22-2002 19:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » cornerstone- Adam Again

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH