Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Because you asked- the Dark Side of TST » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Because you asked- the Dark Side of TST
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Because you asked- the Dark Side of TST Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is a well known synchronicity phenomenon with The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyds DSOTM- as I am sure most of you are aware.
If for some reason your not- here’s an interesting site on what it’s all about.

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

If you’ve never actually done this- you should- its weird, and worth it.

SO anyway – I was grooving on DSOTM in the car on tape, and noticed something a bit- weird.
Many, many of the lyrics seemed to be not synchronized with Terry’s writing- but similar or interesting-
It started for me with the phrase-“balanced on the biggest wave-
I thought of ” nearsighted girl…it’s a tidal wave, it’s a watery grave.
I shut off the tape and went…..
Breathe (breathe Deep)
Breathe in the Air (the Shape of Air)

can we see how many lines from DSOTM can be found in similar fashion with DA/LD/TST SE tunes?
You may be surprised.
Here is a site with PFs lyrics- (edit)

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Sta...6/darkside.html

I did the first line…

Breathe, (breathe Deep) Breathe in the Air (the Shape of Air)

so anyone?

Ps- there is a site somewhere I’ve seen that lists the spoken dialogue as well- I’ll try to get that…..

(thats it with the edit- KIM- its rated PG- i started with the first musical lines -feel free to start where the track starts......)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 02-16-2004 15:09.

02-16-2004 14:50 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm. This might be streatching a bit but

"The Cloud Bursts" ("The Bubble Bursts" Bibleland)

"The Old Man Died" ("The Old Man Heald Me By The Hand and Sighed His Final Breath" Scenic Routes).

02-16-2004 15:15 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Thread Starter Thread Started by jiminy
Dorf!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not stretching at all-
but I thought to try to go line by line....

.."Speak to me ".." dialogue
been working me buns off for bands..."

(We gotta get this record out
before the trumpet sounds )

02-16-2004 15:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oops, I cheated Roll Eyes I'll save those for later. Let me start over Cool

02-16-2004 16:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

"Don't be afraid to care" Don't pull her finger? Give me some time to think about it Big Grin

02-16-2004 16:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

(never mind.... the thread switch got me confused....)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 02-17-2004 08:17.

02-17-2004 08:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Sure Why Not-- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Leave-but dont leave me

(he stayed so long that he wore out his welcome
you smiled kindly and asked him to leave )- Rubber Sky

* I will put the tune the lyric is from- and being a dolt-
Where is that line from, Dorf?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 02-17-2004 08:16.

02-17-2004 08:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by carl
(never mind.... the thread switch got me confused....)

uhm , what was your Question?

and FYI - the opening dialogue on DSOTM would be censored as well..

(A studded tongues profanity?) Whos Who here

02-17-2004 08:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool NOW I get it! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Let's start off with:

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like....
....but for now, we're alive on our mo-tor-cy-cle.....

02-17-2004 08:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

uhm, no you dont Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its DARK SIDE OF THE MOON!!!
we arent going back to the Piper here!

can we see how many lines from DSOTM can be found in similar fashion with DA/LD/TST SE tunes?
You may be surprised.

We left off with Leave, dont leave me...

NEXT!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 02-17-2004 09:09.

02-17-2004 09:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Then why bother? Red Face

I only deal in GOOD Floyd albums....Tongue

02-17-2004 09:12 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

ok ok .... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll refund your deposit

LOOK AROUND...
c'mon - surely we can think of SOMEHTING!

(obviously you want to "choose your own ground")

02-17-2004 09:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Look around- choose your own ground-

(You're free to choose, can you refuse the seeker of souls)
-Hound of Heaven

02-17-2004 11:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

ok ok- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so the game is dying..

just throw out any coincidential lyric you may see:
forget the in order process.......

Or forget the idea entirely- ...I'm not afraid to say I failed.

02-18-2004 07:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: ok ok- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd love to help but I have never heard DSOTM. Frown

02-18-2004 09:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

HOLY CARP!

thats interesting pup- if i can ask- how old are you? - are you really a pup?

02-18-2004 09:40 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

RE: ok ok- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Blessed are you above all men.... Big Grin

02-18-2004 10:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

That is a nada shame. Frown

02-18-2004 10:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
[quote]Originally posted by PuP

Blessed are you above all men.... Big Grin [/quote

Carl, Carl, -
Is it just Syd that needs a bit of help ? I sense some post Barrett hostility here........

You can still ask Which ones Pink without him...cmon now, I don't feel your really trying here......

02-18-2004 11:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by PuP

Blessed are you above all men.... Big Grin [/quote
Carl, Carl, -
Is it just Syd that needs a bit of help ? I sense some post Barrett hostility here..............

True and not true. While I am annoyingly partial to Syd, I DID give the post-Syd Floyd props up to Meddle above. After that, I just don't care (aside from the very surprising The Final Cut).

quote:
You can still ask Which ones Pink without him...cmon now, I don't feel your really trying here......

"Have a Cigar" is from Wish You Were Here, bucko. And thus by yr definition, cheating. Tongue

02-18-2004 12:41 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Because you asked- the Dark Side of TST

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH