Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » WEWH » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page WEWH
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

WEWH Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I did not own "Songs of the Heart" as the cover scared me off Big Grin

I heard about three songs: the "WEWH" song, "Glory Road" and the "Can't take my eyes off of you" cover tune.

I really like it. It's a sweet, funny story. It kind of reminds my of my grandparents. (My grandfather likes his New York Yankees hat as well as a couple of fishing type hats.)

I like both versions of of the record. the 2nd version almost has an early Tom Waits vibe with a Dylan "Love & theft" feel.

Tom Waits also likes the route 66 American Dream story, a lot in the early years it really shows itself. He has a love for traveling salesman (selling "Fuller Brush" or what have youWink ) He also has a love for hats... Porkpie or otherwise.

The interview with Terry is pretty cool (I had no idea that Terry is a Wilco fan, though it makes sense.)

To sum up, this is a really special bookset. I really apprciate the time & energy that went into it.

Terry write in the liner notes there will not be another, but I think a "un-plugged" VH would be really cool. Just a thought Wink

07-21-2002 14:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Terry un-plugged Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How about the ENTIRE ALARMA CHRONICLES unplugged??? That is my idea for the next book set. Pleased

07-21-2002 14:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
How about the ENTIRE ALARMA CHRONICLES unplugged??? That is my idea for the next book set. Pleased

I had thought of that too Wink
"New Car" unplugged?
How cool would that be?
or "Mall all over the world?"

07-21-2002 14:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DFBB unplugged??? We can only hope and pray..... but if you read the beginning of the book for WEWH, Terry addresses the issue of this being done with other albums and says pretty much: nope, this is it folks. Crying

07-21-2002 14:58 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

The Alarma bookset sure is selling for high prices now. Good thing I got a copy when it first came out. I've seen it for as high as $125.

07-21-2002 17:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

You're kidding!! Thank God I got mine first time out. My ¡Alarma! bookset was one of the few CDs I took to Spain in it's original cover (everything else went into a CD holder.)

I wish more groups did booksets like DA did on the ¡Alarma! Cronicles.

-- The Author of the Post
07-21-2002 18:48 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You know this bookset is cooler than anything done by just about any artist anywhere, Christian or secular. I have a bookset by Saga, but it just has the CD which comes in a book with pictures and lyrics. The book is probably only 20 pages long.

07-21-2002 18:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

The Saga title is House Of Cards

07-21-2002 21:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

I saw that Radiohead did a book special release of Amnesiac. I think it was in a book. I can't remember. A friend of mine is a huge Radiohead fan and has it.

07-22-2002 08:46 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
I saw that Radiohead did a cook special release of Amnesiac. I think it was in a book. I can't remember. A friend of mine is a huge Radiohead fan and has it.

A cook special release? Does that mean you could eat the disc or something? Wink
07-22-2002 09:51 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
quote:
I saw that Radiohead did a book special release of Amnesiac. I think it was in a book. I can't remember. A friend of mine is a huge Radiohead fan and has it.

A cook special release? Does that mean you could eat the disc or something? Wink

You will see that I have editted my original post.

07-22-2002 12:16 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup, you were still too late to stop me. Ha ha ha!
07-22-2002 13:01 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yup, you were still too late to stop me. Ha ha ha!

Most people are sensible enough to reconstruct the original message (especially since the topic is book sets!))

-- TAotP
07-22-2002 15:25 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
DFBB unplugged??? We can only hope and pray..... but if you read the beginning of the book for WEWH, Terry addresses the issue of this being done with other albums and says pretty much: nope, this is it folks. Crying

yeah... but you can always dream Wink

07-22-2002 19:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
The Alarma bookset sure is selling for high prices now. Good thing I got a copy when it first came out. I've seen it for as high as $125.

I ordered mine from the local christian bookstore when it was sold out of the DA webstore and they sold it to me in sale for 29.99 Wink

I have seen it around on different sites for $55.00

07-22-2002 19:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:

I ordered mine from the local christian bookstore when it was sold out of the DA webstore and they sold it to me in sale for 29.99 Wink

I have seen it around on different sites for $55.00

I think I paid $40 from the DA Webstore way back when. But well worth every penny.

-- TAotP
07-23-2002 08:38 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

Just catching up on this thread. Yes, Radiohead did do a book release with Amnesiac. Also, R.E.M. did one for Reveal. However, NOTHING has ever compared to The Alarma Chronicles Bookset. It is hands down the greatest CD packaging I can think of.

07-25-2002 13:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Always good to know that I have the best of the best!

-- taotp
07-25-2002 13:29 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Just catching up on this thread. Yes, Radiohead did do a book release with Amnesiac. Also, R.E.M. did one for Reveal. However, NOTHING has ever compared to The Alarma Chronicles Bookset. It is hands down the greatest CD packaging I can think of.

That Alarma Bookset is just a very neat thing.
I look at it still and am blown away by it.

and M-8 of all companies did it. Confused

wow. that alone is the mind-blower for me Big Grin

07-25-2002 16:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Yes, it is amazing that M8 did it. However, I believe it turned out so well because of the Townsends, Terry & Co.

07-25-2002 20:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » WEWH

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH