Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will put an order in on the 29th Pleased

06-06-2004 00:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased
06-06-2004 00:58 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Cool!

But "William" didn't make that cut............ Crying

~Groucho~
06-06-2004 19:20 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
sounds good, but no alarma chronicles/dfbb songs? Confused Frown

just a wild guess on my part....but could it be that they chose songs that they liked/or owned the rights to.

06-06-2004 23:35 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can't wait to get mine in Knoxville on June 30! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-07-2004 20:53 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Like I said before I like the track listing 'cause it's what the dogs want. Here are my comments on the songs

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

The track list for "Mutt" is as follows:

IF YOU WANT TO (T. Taylor)
Originally recorded in 1991 by Daniel Amos on "KALHOUN"

One of the slower songs from Kalhoun - this should be very interesting

quote:

THE LUST, THE FLESH, THE EYES & THE PRIDE OF LIFE (M. Roe)
Originally recorded in 1986 by The Seventy Sevens on "77'S"

I have not heard this song a lot. Only on live DVD's. I"ll enjoy hearing the dogs version

quote:

LIKE A CLOUD (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1994 by The Choir on "SPECKLED BIRD"

Oh! Oh! Oh! I'd forgotten about this song! I love it. I got out my Choir cassette last night to hear it again. Excellant

quote:

GRACE IS THE SMELL OF RAIN (T. Taylor/J. Chamberlain)
Originally recorded in 1993 by Daniel Amos on "MOTOR CYCLE"

I'm so used to the full sound of Motorcycle hearing the dogs stripping it down the their normal accoustic style will be a shock to the system.

quote:

SUNSHINE DOWN (M. Roe)
Originally recorded in 2002 by Michael Roe on "SAY YOUR PRAYERS"

I can't have listened to the CD enough with the track listing in front of me - I can't remember this one.

quote:

TO COVER YOU (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1989 by The Choir on "WIDE EYED WONDER"

I have never listened to Wide Eyed Wonder so I can't comment

quote:

IT'S SO SAD (M. Proctor)
Originally recorded in 1982 by The 77's on "PING PONG OVER THE
ABYSS"

Never heard this one. Never had Ping Pong over the abyss

quote:

AIN'T GONNA FIGHT IT (T. Taylor)
Originally recorded in 1976 by Daniel Amos on "MARANATHA! 5"

Not enthusiastic about this one. It just seems a bit slow. I hope the dogs give it a good interpretation and bring it to life for me.

quote:

BEAUTIFUL SCANDALOUS NIGHT (S. Hindalong/D. Daugherty)
Originally recorded in 1991 for "AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS"
Also recorded in 2000 by The Choir on "FLAP YOUR WINGS"

This is also one of my favourite Choir songs. I do not mind "yet another version"

quote:

I'M SETTING YOU FREE (BUT I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO) (T. Taylor/S. Hindalong)
(brand spankin' new "steam still comin' off of it" song)

Perhaps this song can be used to push the CD amongst the CCM market. Use Steves name and reputation from City on a Hill.

Over all I know I'm going to enjoy this CD.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 06-07-2004 21:23.

06-07-2004 21:19 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I got a Mutt postcard yesterday Smile )
06-18-2004 11:44 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I got it today.

06-18-2004 20:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
I got a Mutt postcard yesterday Smile )

I'm jealous. How'd you get a Mutt postcard? Confused Crying I want one! Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
06-19-2004 23:02 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

prolly cuz we bought from lo-fi before or we signed up for the mailing list...

one or both of those Smile
06-19-2004 23:53 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

Hopefully this won't go flying off of the shelves before I can order it, forcing me to pay bookoo bucks for it on Ebay.

I guess when trying to weigh the choice between saving all I've got for the house we're in the process of buying or spending my money on a Dogs CD, the house has to come first.

Either that, or my wife will kick me into the dog house. No pun intended.

Wink Pleased Big Grin

~ Vox

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

06-20-2004 01:01 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i heard an interesting thing about the cd.......the dogs are mixing up the lead vocals on some (or all) the tracks. if this is true it should be a nice twist.....if it's not it will be fun imagining it. Smile

06-20-2004 01:22 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i heard an interesting thing about the cd.......the dogs are mixing up the lead vocals on some (or all) the tracks. if this is true it should be a nice twist.....if it's not it will be fun imagining it. Smile

When the dogs were in Ph.. Alaska last time, Derri started played "Ain't Gonna Fight It" during the sound check. He said he always liked that song. I'm gonna assume he'll be doing most of the lead on that one.

El
06-20-2004 12:05 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

bereal said: I'm jealous. How'd you get a Mutt postcard? I want one!

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
prolly cuz we bought from lo-fi before or we signed up for the mailing list...

one or both of those Smile

yeah...if you bought from the lo-fidelity store you got a postcard announcing the record. there are many many people who are not on these boards that buy this stuff, and it is the most direct way to get the word to them....which is why I suppose they call it "direct mail." Pleased Plus they look kinda cool and some people collect them.....plus it's nice getting something in the mail that isn't a bill.

Anyway, glad you got them...

jeffrey k.

06-20-2004 23:35 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin

yeah...it's true.

jeffrey k.

06-20-2004 23:39 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
You Gotta Be There
unregistered

I guess if "mutt" means a combination of various dogs, the name for the CD makes sense. The different bands being the breeds of dogs making one "mutt" album.

Should be pretty good; but I'm thinking that since they were on such a creative roll with their last three ablums, they should have just put out some new originals. Still, I'm sure I'll get it and I'm sure I'll like it.
- ygbt
06-20-2004 23:48
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.

"Mutt" will be available on tour from the band and from www.lo-fidelity.com beginning June 29, 2004 and from www.thelostdogs.com starting July 12, 2004. (Please visit the Lost Dogs site for tour info.)

T minus three days and counting...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 06-26-2004 23:10.

06-26-2004 23:09 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Platyhelminth

DAMB!

I better make sure I have the money in my account!!!

I've been spending like a fool lately Crying

El
06-26-2004 23:18 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

T minus two days and counting...

06-27-2004 18:47 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Official Impasto

It's been June the 29th, for me, for 11 hours and 25 minutes.

What is the date for Jeffrey and when on the 29th will the CD be up for sale.....?

06-28-2004 18:23 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs - Mutt - Release Info

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH