Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page safety net, etc.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i remember seeing you guys at melodyland in like '86.... and you were all hitting each other with guitars and messing up....
and the melodyland staff was all getting upset...
it was great! Big Grin

Cool
10-28-2005 11:20 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

friends, i gotta run an errand, but i'll be back in an hour if anyone still wants to chat. Smile
10-28-2005 11:21 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
quote:
I will say that I saw Billy Smiley (from Whiteheart) loose his smiley as he did the rock hop from one level of the stage down, and the plywood gave way (must have hit a knot)-he was suddenly a one legged guitarist (he sunk to the thigh)- being pulled out of a hole by two "on the ball" roadies

i wish i'd seen that! Big Grin

when i was a younger man, like a complete moron, i used to sometimes jump up in the air and land on my back during a song, especially if we were playing a place like cornerstone with a big stage that had some give to it. but i was just sure that one of those times i'd go clear through the plywood. that would've been hilarious.

only prob is - those who know DA would have thought it part of the show .....

Billy was a good sport about it- I think he had a fair rip in the leg of his jeans too...but that only made him look cooler.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 10-28-2005 11:32.

10-28-2005 11:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
quote:
quote:
Speaking of DFBB. I had the chance to hook up with my old band this past summer. It was a ton of fun playing with them again. One of our songs started out as a blatant rip off of your bass line from DFBB. The song evolved a little so that the two songs didn't really sound alike. However, I have to admit, i totally "borrowed" my part from you.

that's cool! i don't mind that at all.

Yeah sprinklerhead. Feel free to steal anything you want off me too.

What have you got?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-28-2005 11:58 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: safety net, etc. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
DA last "toured" in 1987 (man i'm old)

Good afterNoon Tim,

I have seen you play live in DA, The Choir & with Phil keaggy.

did you play in SE at C-stone '90? I was there...
did you ever play bass with the Lost Dogs? maybe C-stone 1992?

Also when was the last time that you Played Live?

10-28-2005 12:04 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
i remember seeing you guys at melodyland in like '86.... and you were all hitting each other with guitars and messing up....and the melodyland staff was all getting upset...
it was great!

hi joey -- yeah i remember melodyland. my brother used to teach there and the whole place is pretty uptight. Big Grin
10-28-2005 12:30 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
i remember seeing you guys at melodyland in like '86.... and you were all hitting each other with guitars and messing up....and the melodyland staff was all getting upset...
it was great!

hi joey -- yeah i remember melodyland. my brother used to teach there and the whole place is pretty uptight. Big Grin

well, there was a Christian radio station broadcasting the show that night and they were pulling their hair out... you guys opened with like 5 secular songs as well..... Smile )

Cool
10-28-2005 12:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Daniel Amos

quote:
did you play in SE at C-stone '90? I was there...did you ever play bass with the Lost Dogs? maybe C-stone 1992?
Also when was the last time that you Played Live?

DaLe -- yes i did play with the eddies at cstone in '90. and i've played many times with the Dogs, just not very recently. and i don't think i've played live since cstone '02. yikes! i still record a little bit, though. i'm doing some sort of demo thing for Tom Howard on sat.
10-28-2005 12:36 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
well, there was a Christian radio station broadcasting the show that night and they were pulling their hair out

da has spent a large part of our "career" driving around the country
p!$$!ng a lot of people off. and we weren't even trying to. we were just being ourselves.

we used to make bets before the show about how many songs into the set we'd get before half the audience got up and left. Big Grin
10-28-2005 12:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
... i've played many times with the Dogs, just not very recently.

Well, I think it is about time to do that again. Don't you?

10-28-2005 13:13 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

yes i do!
10-28-2005 13:16 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Well crap! As usual I'm getting in late on this. Why ya gotta git up so dang early, Tim? Anyways, I only ever saw DA live 3 times. Once in 1986 I think, it was Fearful Symmetry tour and you guuys played at a tiny auditorium in Atlanta. My best friend george and I were front row dead center and you and Greg were hurling yourselves full force into each other trying to knock eacvh other on your butts and Tim you staggered at one point and fell into the mike stand which proceeded to come crashing down onto my friends head with considerable force. You were very apologetic as I recall but it was all good to us. Hey, it ain't rock and roll unless somebody's bleeding!
10-28-2005 13:18 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
yes i do!

And I am ready to host another BBQ at my house. The Dogs can play at my house again and you could join them. We are only a days drive from Nashville.

10-28-2005 13:19 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

sprinklerhead -- that'd be great. if only my dang job allowed the time. we'll see.
10-28-2005 13:20 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
Well crap! As usual I'm getting in late on this. Why ya gotta git up so dang early, Tim? Anyways, I only ever saw DA live 3 times. Once in 1986 I think, it was Fearful Symmetry tour and you guuys played at a tiny auditorium in Atlanta. My best friend george and I were front row dead center and you and Greg were hurling yourselves full force into each other trying to knock eacvh other on your butts and Tim you staggered at one point and fell into the mike stand which proceeded to come crashing down onto my friends head with considerable force. You were very apologetic as I recall but it was all good to us. Hey, it ain't rock and roll unless somebody's bleeding!

hi Jerry! man, that's a great story, thanks for telling it. i don't remember that particular incident so i'm glad that you retold it. it's a wonder more injuries didn't occur in those days!
10-28-2005 13:24 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
well, there was a Christian radio station broadcasting the show that night and they were pulling their hair out

da has spent a large part of our "career" driving around the country
p!$$!ng a lot of people off. and we weren't even trying to. we were just being ourselves.

we used to make bets before the show about how many songs into the set we'd get before half the audience got up and left. Big Grin

i don't remember hearing of you guys ever playing melodyland again after that night....
i remember at the end terry led the audience in a song called melodyland is a heck of a land......... Pleased

Cool
10-28-2005 13:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

so TC
has Jack Black kind of taken over for you???

(Watched School of Rock again last night..- love that movie- it has more depth than first glance shows.)

its a darn good thing it werent for the money only- or you'd have broke up the first year!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-28-2005 13:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Being 40 and having many dead and dying brain cells, my memory is fuzzy. Isn't Melodyland where you guys played that Randy Stonehill tribute show in 1990? I remember it because we were in town recording our second CD for Frontline and we got to come to rehearsals. I even got to sit in on drums for "Walls of Doubt" because Ed was running late. Was that Melodyland or am I on crack? Confused
10-28-2005 13:40 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Daniel Amos

quote:
i remember at the end terry led the audience in a song called melodyland is a heck of a land.........

Big Grin we used to make up songs on stage quite a bit. "melodyland is a heck of a land" good ol' Terry!
10-28-2005 13:41 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

quote:
its a darn good thing it werent for the money only- or you'd have broke up the first year!

we'd have broke up the first month. and yeah, my kids and i watch School of Rock every so often. we love it too.
10-28-2005 13:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » safety net, etc.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH