Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Disc of the Week » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST Disc of the Week 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Similar, but slightly different topic (because this thread was on-topic far too long Tongue ): I hope to see people like Judas in Heaven. Makes me feel like the "salvation through grace" riff isn't just words.

Someone has a song about Jeffery Dahmer being in Heaven because he supposedly repented before he died. I hope it is true.

Jeffrey Dahmer Went to Heaven
by Room Full of Walters

Jeffrey Dahmer went to heaven
Or else he lied on television
He told us that he found you
He told us that you were true

Or else he made a wrong decision
He told us that he saw you
He told us you were true

But what did he tell You?
What did he tell You?
Did he just bow down before you?
Did he just say that he was wrong?
And what about us?
What about all of us?
Can we just bow down before you?
Can we just say we were wrong?

'Cause Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
And he's no better than we are
And we know that all sin's just the same

If it makes you sad and blue
If it makes you mad, then shame on you
If it makes you question God
Maybe God should question you
How do you think you'd do?
I know how you'd do

What did he tell You?
And what about us?
What about all of us?

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-10-2004 16:00 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As long as he eats what the rest of us eat at the wedding feast
04-10-2004 17:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At church on Friday the vicar made comment about Judas's betrail.

He said that judas was one of Jesus's closect freinds and while a stranger betraying is hurtful that of a freinds would be excruciating.

I know you know this but what hit me is at that time I remembered how I felt when I discovered my wife was having an affair. The betrail just hit me more powerfully after that thought

04-10-2004 18:09 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: Just my two cents on OITC Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
On the OINC/Judas angle- the perspective is from Jesus, the one betrayed, not from Judas. Jesus is left out in the cold without Judas (a strange perspective but Judas' action certainly left Him in a precarious position.) It is then Jesus who is looking for some grace to see Him through, which may sound odd but on the cross, He was forsaken.

Excellent point.
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
That's wishful thinking, but no one knows what is in another's heart. Certainly God's grace was offered to Judas. I believe that if he had taken that grace, we would have known it and he would not have killed himself. But, again, that's all speculation.

Excellent point #2.

04-10-2004 22:10 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Similar, but slightly different topic (because this thread was on-topic far too long Tongue ): I hope to see people like Judas in Heaven. Makes me feel like the "salvation through grace" riff isn't just words.

Someone has a song about Jeffery Dahmer being in Heaven because he supposedly repented before he died. I hope it is true.

Jeffrey Dahmer Went to Heaven
by Room Full of Walters

He told us that he found you
He told us that you were true

Or else he made a wrong decision
He told us that he saw you
He told us you were true

What did he tell You?
And what about us?
What about all of us?

'Cause Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
Jeffrey Dahmer's gone
And he's no better than we are
And we know that all sin's just the same

If it makes you sad and blue
If it makes you mad, then shame on you
If it makes you question God
Maybe God should question you
How do you think you'd do?
I know how you'd do

What did he tell You?
And what about us?
What about all of us?

That's the one. Thanks, carl!

04-10-2004 22:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
As long as he eats what the rest of us eat at the wedding feast

uh, yeah... Shocked

04-11-2004 01:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
At church on Friday the vicar made comment about Judas's betrail.

He said that judas was one of Jesus's closect freinds and while a stranger betraying is hurtful that of a freinds would be excruciating.

I know you know this but what hit me is at that time I remembered how I felt when I discovered my wife was having an affair. The betrail just hit me more powerfully after that thought

I know what you mean Crying Betrail is very painful.

04-11-2004 12:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally quoted by Mark

Broken Ladders To Glory:
We are not worthy, but we go through life and attempt to attain something greater. It's just hard to reach that next rung. It sometimes feels out of reach, but we keep trying.

. . .

Constance Of The Universe:
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

. . .

Stone Away:
Help me in my unbelief Lord.

I guess these three are my favorites, but to pick one is just so hard!

It has taken me all week to finally listen to Bibleland, so I didn't make it to Bibleland all week.

So, what's the TSTDOtW this week?

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 04-12-2004 00:35.

04-12-2004 00:09 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

Is Farm Beetles the disc of the week?

04-12-2004 10:12 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Is Farm Beetles the disc of the week?

I'm in for Farm Beetles.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

(But here's a quick question... Is it JUST the Farm Beetles, or is it Farm Beetles/Swirling Mellow?)
04-12-2004 10:36 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Better make it both and count me in Tongue

04-12-2004 10:37 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

How many here actually have Farm Beetles? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do, but not Swirling Mellow, and I think a lot of people here are without as well...

So why don't we start with something a little more accessible, perhaps The Dogs' "Little Red Riding Hood" or "Green Room Serenade Part One"?

It's not that I'm against Farm Beetles, it just doesn't seem like a disc everyone will be able to listen to/ comment upon.

DwD
04-12-2004 10:45 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine

I don't have SESM.

04-12-2004 10:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Let's just do farm beetles and make cricket suffer. Pleased

04-12-2004 11:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

GO FOR IT..

I can take it..
I'm not hurt..
I ..sniff sniff..Its no big deal..
I've been left out many times....

I've even been picked last for trench ball..........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-12-2004 11:51 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I tell you what. You go buy a copy right now and I will let you play Tongue

04-12-2004 13:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

so Farm Beetles? Confused

04-12-2004 15:31 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

last weekend I was on a farm (my SIL)

so if I listen to the regular beatles this week, will that count?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-12-2004 15:38 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

what do you want to listen to JC? Confused

I am game!

04-12-2004 15:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I guess I will play Farm Beetles til I hear otherwise! Wink

04-12-2004 15:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 5 6 [7] 8 9 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Disc of the Week

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH