Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Olvera Street on Fathers Day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Olvera Street on Fathers Day
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Olvera Street on Fathers Day jamespop 06-16-2003 10:11
 RE: Olvera Street on Fathers Day DaLe 06-16-2003 13:10
 RE: Olvera Street on Fathers Day jiminy 06-16-2003 13:33
 RE: Olvera Street on Fathers Day .backs. 06-16-2003 19:20
 RE: Olvera Street on Fathers Day HEMISPHERICALHEADS 06-16-2003 20:32

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Olvera Street on Fathers Day Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yesterday being Fathers Day and AF being so close to the car stereo, I listened to "Papa Danced on Olvera Street" several times to and from church.

What a song. It prompted me to say a quick prayer for Terry and to appreciate the time that I have left with Dad. It's amazing how much we take family forgranted. If there is one thing that I would change about my growin' up years, it would be my attitude towards parents and grandparents. Talk about wasted oportunities.

Anyway, thanks Terry, for a great song!
06-16-2003 10:11 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great song ^ great post above...

06-16-2003 13:10 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

J-POP
remember , that youth is wasted on the young.

Never had a dad (he died when I was 2)
but I was honored to hear that song live with one of my boys, there were more than one "Father and Son " references by terry that night.....so it remains very special for us both.

and- I call mom more oft than ever- just to say hi, and that I love her (shes 81 now)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
06-16-2003 13:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
great song ^ great post above...

Ditto

06-16-2003 19:20 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
Yesterday being Fathers Day and AF being so close to the car stereo, I listened to "Papa Danced on Olvera Street" several times to and from church.

What a song. It prompted me to say a quick prayer for Terry and to appreciate the time that I have left with Dad. It's amazing how much we take family forgranted. If there is one thing that I would change about my growin' up years, it would be my attitude towards parents and grandparents. Talk about wasted oportunities.

Anyway, thanks Terry, for a great song!

Very wise statement jamespop..
06-16-2003 20:32 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Olvera Street on Fathers Day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH