Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Larry Normanfor sale ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Larry Normanfor sale ?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Larry Normanfor sale ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well i guess you guys don't care about larry norman, but check out this page:

http://members1.chello.nl/~rt.termorshui...an/contents.htm

click the link for 'other', and you may find som daniel amos/terry taylor CDs for sale from time to time.

09-11-2002 08:22 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually, we are Larry Norman fans as well.

We correspond with him every so often.

And it's possible Terry might write something for the
book to Horrendous Disc part II, it's far from a
sure thing but he will try to fit it into his schedule.

We get letters occassionally accusing us of not liking
Larry, I assume for the information included in the timeline
but it's just not true. We included as many facts as we
could to clear up as much as possible about what the dissagreements were back then. For years there were soo many
rumors and half truths floating around as people assume
they know things, I thinks it's better to show some of what
was really going on as the truth is usually less dramatic as
everyones imagination. Anyway, Larry, Terry and Randy and
those invloved in the dissagreemnets back then have all moved on.

That's why Larry worked with Randy on the reissue of
Welcome To Paradise and Terry and Larry might get to
work on HD part II together.

I think HD part II and Mark Heards album should be up on
LarryNorman.com before too long, those are the ones he
is working on right now. I really thought the
Welcome To Paradise CD reissue was a very exceptional
package. Reissues almost never have that nice of a booklet
and the extra tracks were really cool as well.

the townsends

PS If ya run across a SonWorshippers LP let me know,
or any Rock And Religion shows... still trying to finish
the set.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-11-2002 09:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In college, I was a huge Larry Norman fan.....I do have a hard time, now, getting past all the stuff he writes.....makes him seem arrogant and kind of mean spirited....but his early CDs (well - I guess the were records) have some great moments. "mama killed a chicken, though it was a duck/ put it on the table with its legs sticking up" - ummmmmm - maybe that's not so great

09-11-2002 11:16 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Uh-oh.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....better watch what y'r doing....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-11-2002 11:18 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Robert H
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

"mama killed a chicken, though it was a duck/ put it on the table with its legs sticking up" - ummmmmm - maybe that's not so great
[/QUOTE]

Actually he stole that one from Lightning Hopkins. How come no one ever gives these old blues guys due credit for their work. I'm thinking also of Led Zep here....
09-11-2002 16:28 Robert H is offline Send an Email to Robert H Search for Posts by Robert H Add Robert H to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Robert H
"mama killed a chicken, though it was a duck/ put it on the table with its legs sticking up" - ummmmmm - maybe that's not so great

Actually he stole that one from Lightning Hopkins. How come no one ever gives these old blues guys due credit for their work. I'm thinking also of Led Zep here....
[/QUOTE]

wow - you're cool

09-11-2002 16:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert H

Actually, more and more blues artists are being recognized for their work. Especially compared to the past.

Led Zep stole things too... As did Aerosmith. In fact, Aerosmith is known to steal just about everything.

09-11-2002 19:46 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Jim Muglia
unregistered

--------
I really thought the
Welcome To Paradise CD reissue was a very exceptional
package. Reissues almost never have that nice of a booklet
and the extra tracks were really cool as well.
---------

Agreed. The WTP re-issue is awesome. I think the bonus acoustic track of "High Card (The Winner)" showcases better than anything Randy's raw talent, and creativity, when its just him and a guitar.
Jim
09-11-2002 21:30
Ceremonial Kernel

Randy is one of my favorites - my first "Christian" concert was a Stonehill concert in Fresno - very fun - one of my favorite memories (shut de do')

09-12-2002 15:17 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I like Larry's songs... I wish he put a little more effort into production. Big Grin

He has many great songs that sound like crap on the record.

09-12-2002 16:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Uh...which record....is that version 6 or version 10....or the version only recorded with Q-stone.....or the People era version.....or.....

09-12-2002 17:09 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I like Larry's songs... I wish he put a little more effort into production. Big Grin

He has many great songs that sound like crap on the record.

I think he oughtta box the Trilogy to put the whole vision in perspective. "Rehearsal for Reality" woulda been great if he would have finished it. I have the bootleg on cassette tape.
09-12-2002 17:12
Ceremonial Kernel

Larry doesn't need any more encouragement to repackage his songs on yet another compilation project..

09-12-2002 17:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Amen on that one!

It's been brutal keeping up with the over abundance of Live crappy stuff.

As to his production - early work was exceptional. Later work, somewhat rushed and floating around demo quality.

I suppose he's entitled to rest on his laurels. I think we expect more based on his past, but when you look at the time and place his music grew from, he was a product of that generation, and as things progressed, he was "left behind" while some of his contempories kept going. Ala Stonehill, Keaggy, and of course a step after - Terry and the gang.

If Larry was a DA song, he'd be Hollow Man. The shell remains of what once was an inspired poet. Heck, it's been thirty years Larry, no one will be too upset if you cut your hair, and look different than the kid on the album covers.

09-12-2002 17:48 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dfroystad

Does anyone know anything about his health condition nowadays ? The last thing I heard was that his family had started to sell som of his personal stuff [with his premission of course] stuff like his leather jacket, guitars etc. to raise money so he could get the treatment he needed. They might even consider selling the old mastertapes for both his own albums and other Solid Rock artists........is this true ?
09-13-2002 01:41 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That's what they say.......I sure hope Terry and the boys have insurance. The whole Mark Heard thing should have been an eye opener (and Victoria Williams). Even at our poorest, insurance (life and health) was the one thing we wouldn't let go of.

09-13-2002 10:13 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Randy is one of my favorites - my first "Christian" concert was a Stonehill concert in Fresno - very fun - one of my favorite memories (shut de do')

keep out de debil

09-13-2002 10:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

you know it!!!!!

(shut de do'
keep de debil in de dark)

09-13-2002 11:15 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

The problem is most if not all insurance companies
are not going to insure a musician that doesn't have
regular income. Thats what Mark's problem was,
he couldn't get insurance I beleive.

It maybe different if like Larry, you can say you own
a label and are somewhat a company. I have no idea
what Larry's insurance qualification is, or if he has
any or not.

We got an email from Larry the other day, but I am not
sure of how he is doing.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-13-2002 15:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

You always have all the answers.

09-14-2002 08:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Larry Normanfor sale ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH