Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First one. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page First one.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

my first Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doppleganger 1983, on vinyl at a Christian book store.

-Jolly
06-12-2003 16:40 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by HEMISPHERICALHEADS
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
Shotgun was the first I was hooked and couldn't wait for HD to come out. THe owner of the Christian bookstore asked me how these guys can call themselves Christians since they were dressed in odd outfits in the gatefold of the album. I looked at him strangly and got the hell out of his store.

He was the same jerk that didn't go to his son's wedding because the bride wasn't amillenial.

then HD, Alarma and so on. I have it all and proud of it. 23.5 years as a fan..dang that makes me feel old.

So that put's it around mid '78..Got soem DA vetrans here..
06-12-2003 16:41 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Spurning the amillenial bride, that sounds like good song material for Brian Healey.

Big Grin

06-12-2003 16:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
Shotgun was the first I was hooked and couldn't wait for HD to come out. THe owner of the Christian bookstore asked me how these guys can call themselves Christians since they were dressed in odd outfits in the gatefold of the album. I looked at him strangly and got the hell out of his store.

He was the same jerk that didn't go to his son's wedding because the bride wasn't amillenial.

then HD, Alarma and so on. I have it all and proud of it. 23.5 years as a fan..dang that makes me feel old.

It's ironic that he would complain and still make money of the sale..Probably pretty typical of that type of mindset.
06-12-2003 16:44 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Joey, was that CCM store the one on Baldwin?

i think i bought Alarma there.

06-12-2003 16:44 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Fearful Symmetry on Cassette in 1990 followed days later by Darn floor big Bite a few months later by Vox Humana a few months later by Outdoor Elvis and then my next was years later.

My first CD was Motorcycle in 1995

06-12-2003 16:46 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ceremonial Kernel

I used to go to this bookstore that always had a good stock of DA/Taylor related stuff. I got Motorcyle , Zoom Daddy , Several Dogs disc's and more I can't remember. The guy who did all the music ordering did stock on the stuff you would not normally find in this type of store.
06-12-2003 16:47 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Joey, was that CCM store the one on Baldwin?

i think i bought Alarma there.

yep... Smile )

06-12-2003 17:02 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

And i discovered Steve Taylor there (send in them clones).

06-12-2003 17:05 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

HD & Alarma Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got HD and Alarma the same day in '81.

On 8-track no less...

06-12-2003 17:09 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Got HD fresh out of the box when it was released, followed almost immediately by Alarma.

Of course from there my spending habits quickly went downhill.

06-12-2003 17:23 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Let's see... my first disc of the Taylor groups was John Wayne... sometime in early '99... I got OPFWFH a few months later... and just kept going from there...
06-12-2003 18:55 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

twin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doppelganger - But I didn't buy it. I found a nasty cracked dub tape of it in the gutter on my paper route in '83 or '84. I had to sneak listens of it because my dad wasn't "down with that". It wasn't until a few years later when a friend recognized it as something his older brother had. I didn't see the cover art until my brother found the CD in 1995.

I still pop it in once in a while for nostalgia's sake. It sounds terrible. It sounds great!

-Zip

August 2005
06-12-2003 18:56 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Doppelganger - But I didn't buy it. I found a nasty cracked dub tape of it in the gutter on my paper route in '83 or '84. I had to sneak listens of it because my dad wasn't "down with that". It wasn't until a few years later when a friend recognized it as something his older brother had. I didn't see the cover art until my brother found the CD in 1995.

I still pop it in once in a while for nostalgia's sake. It sounds terrible. It sounds great!

-Zip

That's a cool story...
06-12-2003 18:58 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

First one I heard was Vox Humana. around 1990
First one I bought was either Let's Spin or DR EdDanTaylor. around 1990
FIrst DA I bought was Fearful Symmetry for 1.99 from a box under a bookshelf in a Florida Christian bookstore.around 1990

06-12-2003 20:37 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

It's amazing to hear how many of you are fairly new listeners. Wow! I remember HD and Shotgun. HD was first for me and then we went backwards to Shotgun and DA.

06-12-2003 20:40 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
littlejon
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-14-2003

I still haven't bought one. I borrowed a copy of Wise Acres(is that the title? It is my favorite song) from a boy in the youth group I help out. The music is great! Which one should I buy first?
06-14-2003 00:39 littlejon is offline Send an Email to littlejon Search for Posts by littlejon Add littlejon to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

You must have a copy of the motorcycle CD. All Terry's stuff is different but if I were you I'd start with Mr. Buchner's Dream because it has a good variety. Not as rock and roll as wise acres though. Songs Of The Heart might scare you away but then again DA does an awesome version of "I can't take my eyes off you" and it rocks. I honestly don't know where I would start if I was beginning again. I say just jump in and start buying everything.

My First DA was shotgun angel. I stole the 8-track from my parents when I was about five and wore it out in my room. My parents had advanced to the cassette version by then and the 8-track player and 8-tracks were actually my toys to play with.

06-14-2003 01:17 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
First one I heard was Vox Humana. around 1990
First one I bought was either Let's Spin or DR EdDanTaylor. around 1990
FIrst DA I bought was Fearful Symmetry for 1.99 from a box under a bookshelf in a Florida Christian bookstore.around 1990
That Florida bookstore did not happen to be Longs did it?
That's where I found a cassette of "Vox" in the "get these out of this store!" bargin bin for 99 cents. That was awhile ago maybe '94 or so. Just last Christmas I was down there again visiting my brother and did the usual pilgramige to Longs. They had 5 copies of "GiftHorse" for $5.00 apiece. I was broke at the time so passed. I should have just bought them all. My brother ended up going back weeks later and got one. Also purchased "Nazarene" .
06-14-2003 12:16 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I bought from Longs mail order catalog for years.

06-14-2003 12:55 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First one.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH