Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelog » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page travelog
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have said this out loud-

(AND LOUDLY)

just please start-cmon, please please..."

"Jesus-you never even OWNED a car- do you know EXACTLY how I feel right now?-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-10-2003 08:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: travelog Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi folks--

due to the recent lower rate of posting on the ol' damb, and by way of trying to do my part, here's a recent travel adventure. this sort of thing happens to me all the time and i'm sure it's happened to you.

the company i work for was flying me out of NYC and somehow got me a first class ticket at somewhere near the "coach" price. (this never happens and i always fly coach. it was a nice surprise but not a big deal to me. i'm used to coach.) i had to make a connection in memphis before i got home to nashville.

at the airport in NY they gave me two cardboard printouts that looked to me like tickets. at the departure gate, i handed over the first one and got on the plane in NY. when i got to memphis, as i was getting ready to board the plane, i handed over the second one and this, word for word, is what happened:

Northwest Airlines Lady: this isn't a ticket, sir.

me: excuse me?

Northwest Airlines Lady: i said, this isn't a ticket, sir.

me: (smiling) i heard you, i just don't understand wh--

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'll need to see your ticket, sir.

me: that's all they gave me.

Northwest Airlines Lady: no it's not. this is a receipt for a ticket, but they gave you an actual ticket.

me: no, honestly, that's all they gave me.

Northwest Airlines Lady: no it's not.

me: ma'am, i'm trying to tell you--

Northwest Airlines Lady: that's not all they gave you. they gave you a ticket as well.

me: ma'am, please listen to me. i--

Northwest Airlines Lady: ticket please?

me: but i--

Northwest Airlines Lady: then you've lost your ticket?

me: no. please, i'm not an eight year old. i know exactly what they gave me and i didn't lose anything.

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'm sorry, sir, i can't let you on the plane without a ticket.

(the last person has now boarded the plane and the plane is ready to leave.)

me: this doesn't make any sense. you told me this is a receipt for the ticket, so you know i've paid for the ticket.

Northwest Airlines Lady: yes, but you don't HAVE the ticket now, do you? i can't let you on the plane without it.

me: that makes no sense. here, look on the passenger charter. do you see my name?

Northwest Airlines Lady: (looking) hmmm, let's see. yes. here it is right here.

me: that would indicate that i've paid for a ticket then, correct?

Northwest Airlines Lady: that is correct, sir.

me: then why can't i just get on the plane?

Northwest Airlines Lady: you don't have your ticket.

me: (exasperated) BUT...BUT--

Northwest Airlines Lady: please don't make me say it again, sir.

(airplane engines revving)

me: (sigh) alright, what can i do then?

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'd have to charge you for a lost ticket.

me: oh, great. how much?

Northwest Airlines Lady: a hundred dollars.

me: (sigh -- i just wanna get home) ok, go ahead and do that.

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'm sorry, i can't do that, sir. there's not enough time.

me: what?! but you just said--

Northwest Airlines Lady: the plane is leaving, sir.

me: but--

Northwest Airlines Lady: that process would take too long, sir.

me: PLEASE, JUST TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO GET ON THE PLANE!

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'll have to sell you a new ticket, sir.

me: a new ticket!! oh man, i don't believe this. ok, ok! just something in "coach" then, please.

Northwest Airlines Lady: (looking) hmmmm, let's see. no, i'm sorry. i won't be able to do that.

me: what?! why not?!

Northwest Airlines Lady: there's only one seat left. and it's in first class.

me: THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S MY SEAT! THE ONE I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR! THE ONE I HAVE THIS "RECEIPT" FOR!!

Northwest Airlines Lady: they're closing the cabin doors, sir.

me: alright! i'll take it. look, at least i'll get the discount i got in NY, right?!

Northwest Airlines Lady: no sir, i'm sorry but i'll have to charge you the full first class fare.

me: what?!!

((yes, you guessed correctly. i paid through the nose, i paid twice for the exact same seat just so i could get home.))

Did you ever see "Planes Trains & Automobiles?" This sounds like it could have been a scene from that movie! Shocked

11-10-2003 09:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelog

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH