Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB chat with terry, greg, & ed along for the ride » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAMB chat with terry, greg, & ed along for the ride 4 Votes - Average Rating: 8.754 Votes - Average Rating: 8.754 Votes - Average Rating: 8.754 Votes - Average Rating: 8.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
11-20-2003 20:50 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do it at night, any night. That would be fun.

11-20-2003 22:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Yee-hawww! Sounds great. Sunday night's are probably my best bet. And as someone else posted, even if I miss it we'd have the posts here to check out.

Good idea, Tim. Thanks for offering to give it a go.

JB
11-21-2003 06:33 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is there going to be any rules to this chat? Or is it just going to be a BIG mess with everyone posting like madmen and DA trying to post back?

~Groucho~
11-21-2003 08:40 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Vox Robotica
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2003

Yeah, there should be some sorta structure to it, or it could be pure mayhem.

By the way Sunday Night would be the best...

How about we post a question to be asked, and Tim moderates for us? That way there's not all sorts of off topic stuff and it gives the DA guys a chance to respond.

It also would ease up some of the stress on the server...

Just a thought.

~ VR ~

"The systems fail
All the circuits blown
And the message lost in this machine oh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Vox Robotica: 11-21-2003 10:26.

11-21-2003 10:25 Vox Robotica is offline Send an Email to Vox Robotica Homepage of Vox Robotica Search for Posts by Vox Robotica Add Vox Robotica to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr YIM Account Name of Vox Robotica: jeremyszehr View the MSN Profile for Vox Robotica
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Sq- speeek for yoursef
my posstees are neevva mezzzyyy.

r-theY?!???!?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-21-2003 10:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Sq- speeek for yoursef
my posstees are neevva mezzzyyy.

r-theY?!???!?

I can't argue with that! I don't understand 1/2 of what ya post! Tongue

Wink

~Groucho~
11-21-2003 11:03 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here's my two cents Pleased

I think each band member should have a thread and we can ask each one of them whatever we want, that way they're not missing any questions. Set a time limit for Q and A (say 45 minutes) with each member then set up a thread where the whole band is on (maybe an hour), then each member of the DAmb can ask four questions to the entire band. I think audiori should make a list of DAmbers and assign a turn to each of us. Once our turn is up we cannot post until after everyone has had thier turn and the band has answered each of our questions. Then I think we let them be on thier way and we can be grinning from ear to ear.

Just an idea maybe someone has a better idea or a modification to mine. Big Grin

11-21-2003 19:32 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Can we ask anything?

~Groucho~
11-21-2003 20:13 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i dont care to know if Ed dreams about Shania, sea thing!
11-21-2003 22:09 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Can we ask if they will be in Dallas anytime soon? Tongue

Can't wait! Big Grin
11-22-2003 08:23 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

It would probably be far easier to arrange to get a chat server for a specified time, and then run it like a regular chat with a moderator. All of the questions get fired into the hopper and then they're populated by the moderator and band.

I'm sure J&E could do this easy, heck Tim is an IT guy he should know ... the board would be a fun free for all, if there's a good amount of traffic, up to 50 or more, then the threads would be unreadable any so out os psynch as to be nearly pointless - or resemble the off topic BTG thread.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jevon the Tall: 11-22-2003 10:36.

11-22-2003 10:35 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

JOey would probably like Ed to take one token drink of BTG.
11-22-2003 10:43 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Well something should be done to control what will surely become chaos. I for one don't want it to be a freeforall and then the guys just get frustrated and leave. Also it has to be fair for everyone, everyone should get the chance to pose thier questions. Someone has to moderate this thing not for our sake (cause we're used to this DAmb choas anyway) but for the bands sake. I'm sure they won't want to be online for 3 hours.

I'm not sure I've heard any comments about this from audiori Confused

how bout it audiori brothers! What's your take on all this. Confused

11-22-2003 11:59 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We think it's great! Not really sure how to moderate it,
changing the post limit timer might be good as suggested.

But depending on when everyone can be online, will make a difference
who the moderator can be. I mean, organising Terry, Tim,
Greg and Ed's schedules will be the hard part I would assume.
And if they choose a time we are not home then..

We will try and be here of course though.

j and e

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-22-2003 12:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

I'd like to hear what they have to say about that time their band attempted to impersonate the Eddies! Mad

They've got some 'splainin' to do!

11-22-2003 13:04 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

You can be our Matt Lauer and ask those very tough questions, EH.
11-22-2003 13:45 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Ed and Shania? Hmmmmm? Confused

~Groucho~
11-22-2003 13:47 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
I'm sure J&E could do this easy, heck Tim is an IT guy he should know ... the board would be a fun free for all, if there's a good amount of traffic, up to 50 or more, then the threads would be unreadable any so out os psynch as to be nearly pointless - or resemble the off topic BTG thread.

11-22-2003 14:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB chat with terry, greg, & ed along for the ride

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH