Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

"Testimony" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Came out on Metal Blade Records (who used to distribute Spock's Beard in the US) so any well stocked CD store should have a copy for you.

As for Spock's Beard, "Feel Euphoria" has a much more straight-ahead rock feel that, say, the 2-disc "Snow" album. It has a Kansas - Genesis kind of feel and the song "Ghosts Of Autumn" is my favorite thing the band's ever done.

DwD
04-15-2004 21:03 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lost Canine
RE: Hey Tim Chandler Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
monty --

i'm sorry i missed your post yesterday. that's a great one! i wish i'd been there to hear it. i'll pass it along to max. thank you for telling me!

tim

Thanks Tim! I appreciate the kind words.
Monty

04-16-2004 09:13 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: "Testimony" Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Came out on Metal Blade Records (who used to distribute Spock's Beard in the US) so any well stocked CD store should have a copy for you.

OK, I had an Amazon gift certificate and I used it on this, ear unheard. Looks like I'll have it later this week. So if it glows with warmth, I'm holding YOU-ALL responsible..... I know where you live..... Evil Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-19-2004 09:07 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool OK, got it... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A few initial impressions:

1) It didn't dawn on me until I got this that I haven't bought a prog-rock album in nearly 25 YEARS (the 1st U.K. album, if I recall correctly -- which wasn't bad, by the way -- John Wetton before he sucked). So that's ONE hump I gotta get over.

2) I also forgot until I got this that prog-rock is decidedly NOT chick music. And I'm married with two daughters. Big Grin

3) Oh, you wanted to know about the MUSIC.... Tongue .... Well, to continue on the above.... My oldest daughter commented, "It sounds so..... CHRISTIAN." (I think you know what she meant. Roll Eyes ) My wife, in turn, expressed that she'd probably need blotter acid to appreciate this correctly. Shocked I can see why Keaggy likes this, though -- big sound, big chops, good message. Lyrically it doesn't seem all that remarkable, but I'll withhold judgment until I hear more how it works with the music. Morse's voice kinda strikes me as Rich Mullins without the oomph though, although in his better moments he reminds me more of Thomas Dolby.

4) Regardless, I paid $18 (including S&H -- it was only a $5 certificate, after all Big Grin ), so I'm gonna play the grooves off this thing even if it's as penance. Big Grin Seriously, there's definitely enough musicianship to carry it along until I figure out what I think of the rest of it. But that's what I think so far.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 04-23-2004 07:57.

04-23-2004 07:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Np: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Neal Morse & Phil Keaggy

songs for tony

a cdr with 2 intrumentals & 3 beatles songs...

very GooD ! Cool

I got it from CC

who got it from someone else...

who knows neal & phil & had them go into a studio & record a few tunes together... Smile )

04-23-2004 09:52 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH