Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cool/strange little sounds » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cool/strange little sounds
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool/strange little sounds Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay, here's a topic with interesting possibilities.

Does anyone have any favorite/hateful little sounds on any DA/SE/TST albums that they'd like to gripe about or publicly appreciate?

I'll start in a second by giving you an example of one little sound that constantly bothers me, and a couple that I find enjoyable.

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

10-16-2002 10:28 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is this cool little sound in Walls of Doubt. I'm not sure if it really annoys me, or if I like it, but it ALWAYS makes me go "Oh Brother, not that again!"

It is in Walls of Doubt, right at the start of one of the lines "There's that look in your eyes..." - just before the "There's" -- it is the same exact IDENTICAL sound that a Windows Computer makes by default when you've gotten a new email.

I listened to it at a higher volume today in my car, and there is no questioning it. It is exactly the same sound.

When I'm listening to Walls of Doubt on my computer, every time that sound happens, I go check my email and when I see I have nothing new, there comes the "Oh Brother!" - for it is just Walls of Doubt again.

Now...

The question is: Did someone at Microsoft rip this off an ¡Alarma! album - or did some clever person in the studio rip this off Microsoft?

Smile

Anybody else ever notice this little sound?

Cheers~
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

10-16-2002 10:32 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmmmm Odd, since Alarma was recorded back in '81
I would say Bill Gates got his inspiration for Windows
from this sound and possibly the artwork to the album, etc.

I will have to go turn it up..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-16-2002 12:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Wow :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Hmmmmm Odd, since Alarma was recorded back in '81
I would say Bill Gates got his inspiration for Windows
from this sound and possibly the artwork to the album, etc.

I will have to go turn it up..

Bill should be paying some pretty hefty residuals to DA, don'tcha think????????????????????????

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-16-2002 15:35 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Terry finally makes his fortune????

10-16-2002 15:41 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Cool/strange little sounds

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH