Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB IT, it's late!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAMB IT, it's late!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

DAMB IT, it's late!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Help!! I have a last minute correction to my submission for the Damb It disc and am looking for an available way to transfer a BIG file (like a song) to BD over the internet. Email just won't cut it..... I tried. Anyone have any suggestions or know of a place where I can upload for him to download? Thanks in advance for your help.

But as for me and my house, we can't wait either! This is gonna be SOME good!

Gotta get back to work now but I'll be checking later. Thanks for the help.

JimB
12-10-2002 15:44 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by jwaltb
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, thanks anyway folks for the thought. I do believe I have something worked out. I'll just have to see how it unfolds.

JB
12-10-2002 22:11 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The yahoo thing worked, I got the file Big Grin

12-10-2002 23:21 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hey jwalt.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What'd you need to change? The original was cool.... made me actually HEAR the song.... as did a few others here.... and sometimes the song illuminated the person instead.... cool.... BUY THIS, PEOPLE!!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-11-2002 07:56 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Whoa, thanks man! Well, there were a couple of little glitches that were kind of distracting once you noticed 'em but I believe we got it fixed up pretty good. Time will tell. I'm just glad BD was so patient with my last minute hustle and bustle.

And from what I heard on the clips (and the one other submission I got to hear in full...), this is gonna be one heckuva project. As someone already said...... I can't wait!!!

JB

quote:
Originally posted by carl
What'd you need to change? The original was cool.... made me actually HEAR the song.... as did a few others here.... and sometimes the song illuminated the person instead.... cool.... BUY THIS, PEOPLE!!
12-11-2002 21:53 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

fix it in th' mix Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey! No fair, I sent mine warts 'n all. No perfectionism man. All my bits were 1st takes (raises eyes to the heavenlies...) -okay, I'm still here!
Big Grin
I know whatcha mean though jwaltb, on mine there were a coupla flat notes and drowned out guitar parts and herky-jerky rythmns but doood! Considerin' most people just sang into a boombox I was already over doin' it, no way was I gonna go control-freak over it (-DAmb it!)

BUT DON"T THINK I DIDN'T WANNA!!!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
12-12-2002 00:31 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Yeah, maybe next time a "perfect" track's in order, but not this time... Big Grin

12-12-2002 00:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Wes helped me sound decent on this one. Thanks, Wes.

12-12-2002 00:53 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ™
Hey! No fair, I sent mine warts 'n all. No perfectionism man. All my bits were 1st takes (raises eyes to the heavenlies...) -okay, I'm still here!
Big Grin
I know whatcha mean though jwaltb, on mine there were a coupla flat notes and drowned out guitar parts and herky-jerky rythmns but doood! Considerin' most people just sang into a boombox I was already over doin' it, no way was I gonna go control-freak over it (-DAmb it!)

BUT DON"T THINK I DIDN'T WANNA!!!

Your song is perfect ™ , no need for a fix! Big Grin

There was a problem with the wave file JimB sent the first time, so I asked him if he could fix it. I tried to keep the crackles and pops to a minimum, but since most of us are working with Digital files on our computers, sometime wierd things happen.

All songs are in now, and I'll be droping the masters off on Friday for duplication!

wooooo hoooo!!!!

BD

12-12-2002 08:37 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by ™
Hey! No fair, I sent mine warts 'n all. No perfectionism man.

Please. You put us ALL to shame. Even my wife was grinning at the "suite," and she's not even a DA fan (although she likes the Dogs a lot)....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
12-12-2002 08:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Ahh, now this is making the anticipation grow even more. Can't wait to hear it. Smile

And I didn't mean to be controll-ey or freaky about it, but I did enjoy finding out just what I could do with a couple of wires and some software on my computer. It was fun! Heck, I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime.....

JB

[/QUOTE]

Please. You put us ALL to shame. Even my wife was grinning at the "suite," and she's not even a DA fan (although she likes the Dogs a lot)....
[/QUOTE]Smile
12-12-2002 12:28 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I can't wait!

12-12-2002 12:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

quote:
Even my wife was grinning at the "suite," and she's not even a DA fan (although she likes the Dogs a lot)....

Well...it helps if your recording-brother-in-arms is the amazing Duane Takahashi!

Ya know, this has GOT to be a first. Only bands with Terry Taylor in them would have a fan base over-th'-top enough to put together something like the DAmb fan album!

Haht-cha-cha-cha-chaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
12-13-2002 03:18 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

MERRY CHRISTMAS

12-20-2002 09:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB IT, it's late!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH