Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Truly DA related » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Truly DA related
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Truly DA related Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, I'm sitting at the dinner table tonight with my four-year-old Ethan and suddenly he:

Points to the ground and says, "Darn floor."

It sounded like he said, "nada floor!"

I said, "What!?!"

Again he points at the carpet. "Darn floor"

Then he lifts his fork high and continues, "Big bite!"

Crying sniff I'm so DAmb proud... Crying
03-12-2003 21:20 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Priceless
03-12-2003 21:24 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
So, I'm sitting at the dinner table tonight with my four-year-old Ethan and suddenly he:

I said, "What!?!"

And of course as a loving father you said: "And if you don't take some big bites outta your dinner, then I'll knock YOU to the darn floor." Wink
03-12-2003 21:24
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
Oh yah! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You strike close to the truth--says one papa to the other!
03-12-2003 21:26 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

theo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you're not makin' that up? that's a great one
03-12-2003 21:36 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

No faking here, Tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ethan has been singing DA songs since he was two. DFBB has always been his fave. Of course when Terry, Derri and Mike are standing there, and we coax, "Tell Terry what your favorite song is..." Ethan answers, "Wall of Doubt." Can't lose, I suppose.

Ethan won't go to sleep at night unless his fave music is playing. Presently it is "Best of the Lost Dogs". Can't lose there either!

Since he was two, he stands with his back against a wall, does the Who thing with an air-guitar and sings along with Uncle Terry!
03-12-2003 21:39 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i think i would have to beat my daughter to get her to listen to DA. It is one of the few wonderful things that i can not share with her. Brenneth "tolerates" the boys. He was blaring Third Day last night, a CD he won from CCM radio.
03-12-2003 21:53 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I love that story theo! Big Grin

03-12-2003 21:56 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Brother Baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

let us share a moment in quiet consolling together. Red Face

03-12-2003 21:56 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Great story! It put a smile on my face. Smile

03-13-2003 01:25 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Theo

I said, "What!?!"

My four year old did a similar thing yesterday....
well, he just said daddy, i want to hear that music of the Darn floor and the big bite....
I'm so damb proud! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Cool
03-13-2003 01:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

GooD story, thanks... Big Grin

03-13-2003 08:49 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i had to read it again today!
03-13-2003 19:55 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Follow up... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And so, on the way to toddler school today, Ethan says to his Mamma in the van:

"I want to tell Papa's friend Terry and Tiny Tim (meaning Chandler) about Darn Floor Big Bite."

sorry Tim. I tried to explain you to him last night as the guy makes the (vocal insert of bass line). He thought that was great, but he obviously has never beheld your stature! Big Grin
03-13-2003 21:29 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Truly DA related

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH