Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What are DA's coolest guitar songs? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What are DA's coolest guitar songs?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
What are DA's coolest guitar songs? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hand to God, Ordinary Extraordinary Day,...

I'm sure I'll think of many more.
03-02-2003 17:10
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Darn Floor Big Bite is the coolest guitar song ever!

03-02-2003 18:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Love You #19

03-03-2003 12:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Wise Acres is a good one! Cool

03-03-2003 12:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

When Everyone Wore Hats
Ribbons and Bows
Bakersfield
Safety Net

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-03-2003 13:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

the "rock" genre-agreed
L#19
Wise Acres
but to me as far as just dang catchy rhythm:
Interior Glowing

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-03-2003 13:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Addendum.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Uneasy Lies the Head of the Confidence Man" is blowing me away right now... as did "Evangeline" a few songs earlier.... guess I don't have to go over to the NP thread, huh? Big Grin

03-03-2003 14:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Asherman Asherman is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

"Guilty "

from the album "MotorCycle "

03-03-2003 14:14 Asherman is offline Send an Email to Asherman Search for Posts by Asherman Add Asherman to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Ooops.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Sins of the Fathers".... and the hits keep coming....

03-03-2003 14:17 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

CARL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

soth-
I read somewhere in an early review that Terrys monotone delivery on so many of SOTHs songs was indicitive his voice had "lost a step"
Of course-looking since- not true
but what a clever delivery of poetry
and to me it enhances the music even more.
WEWH is a musically incredible tune - that guitar (and TCs bass line)
masterful.

03-03-2003 14:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Saw that.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
soth-
I read somewhere in an early review that Terrys monotone delivery on so many of SOTHs songs was indicitive his voice had "lost a step"
Of course-looking since- not true
but what a clever delivery of poetry
and to me it enhances the music even more.

...not to mention Terry's still (insert appropriate verb here so I don't have to hear it) about said review in the notes to Avocado Faultline...

03-03-2003 14:33 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
One Weigh Street
unregistered

Ooh ooh ooh, how can I have forgotten: "The Unattainable Earth". Now there's a cool guitar song.

"Catch That Angel", on MFT, now that's a nice melodic guitar riff.
Jim
03-03-2003 19:44
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I Love You #19 (Cool riff... a bit slow on the recording)
If You Want To (Just listen to it... seriously)
The Double (Very Bowie-esque)
Little Crosses
Father Explains
Buffalo Hills (Possibly the best riff ever written)
Wise Acres (Guitar duel!)
Who's Who Here?
Fingertips (It's the Rolling Stones!)

And I still like a lot of Alarma! for guitar... Central Theme, Baby Game, No Spaceship in particular.

03-03-2003 23:45 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

The guitar on alarma rocks! Baby game.

03-04-2003 00:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

As someone said SOTH is one GREAT guitar (and bass) album! Man, Sins of the Fathers' clean rhythm line and WEWH's warm, overdriven sustained tones have imprinted themselves in my memory (a good thing). Also, been listening to Bibleland lately. That has some fine guitar work as well. Catchy riffs that stay with you for days. But you gotta add DA's live rendition of Sanctuary from C2K(?). What a moving guitar intro. And of course, there's a bunch of good stuff on MBD. Durn, how can you single any one moment out?????

JB
03-04-2003 13:21 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Uhh, that last line should be:

Damb, how can you single any one moment out???? Sorry for the mixup!
03-04-2003 13:22 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I thought you were refering to Bruce Durn.

03-04-2003 14:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Smile Does he know DA too??
03-05-2003 16:44 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

That line in Everyone Wore Hats gives me chills.
03-08-2003 11:28 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What are DA's coolest guitar songs?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH