Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Avocado Club
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Avocado Club Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I get the impression from Terry's letter that some good things are coming this year, and I want to support the band any way I can. The Club is an obvious stream - is it on for another year? If so, maybe current members can be encouraged somehow to renew. I've gotten no notices, and I have to remind myself to do it now. Plus if we're gonna get two releases I would have no objections if you bumped up the price.

Personally, I'd also like to see a secure section that has maybe sneak previews and some special stuff only available to those who subscribe to the Club. One more way to encourage us to renew.

In the meantime, how 'bout a news update?

04-05-2003 08:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, we can create a secure section of the site
for the club members. We did that once with the
77's club, for exclusive mp3s.

We basically have the view that you must recieve
what was offered by the club before you have to renew
no matter how long it takes or if it's not on time.
If you are promised 2 CDs....you get 2 Cds, etc.

There are ideas that we have discussed for the club
and maybe releases. It's difficult thing to organise
when Terry's focus may change from time to time
from Dogs to DA or Tours to products. One thing
we were discussing is making a videotape of the
DA Cornerstone 2000 show available only to club
members, once it was completely edited. (The same
show that we put a clip on the messageboard a while
back of.) It's something that may not be DVD worthy
pricewise, but something that people might like to
see. And the whole band of the time was there Terry,
Tim, greg and Ed. And the sound quality is good,
a mix of the M8ed live at Cornerstone CD and another
source.

Really the thing is just to decide what is the best
thing to do when for the best price. A lot of ideas,
just picking the best ones and most feasable ones is
the key. It's funny, everything costs time and money.
Like the video idea might not cost much money to put out
which is good, but the time involved is big.
The Mike Roe site bootlegs are the same, and the old
Spittle And Phlegm VHS tapes took a lot of time, so
in that one we diecided to spend the money instead and
make the DVDs which now take no time.
Time and money both get stretched to the limit.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-05-2003 10:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We basically have the view that you must recieve
what was offered by the club before you have to renew
no matter how long it takes or if it's not on time.
If you are promised 2 CDs....you get 2 Cds, etc.

Guess that means I STILL don't have to renew yet.... Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying Big Grin Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-05-2003 17:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

carl. i'm glad to see you don't have your seconde AC disc yet, as I have yet to recieve mine. i was wondering if I slipped through the cracks. i'm really in no hurry for it, just glad i'm still on the books for a second one.

special place for the members would be great! special mp3's for the members would be fantastic! A slumber party at Terry's mansion would be incredible!

I assume our man owns a mansion...i mean, he is a rock star. Big Grin
04-06-2003 12:22 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Administrator

You don't have the 2nd AC disc?

Did you join after the
first disc was done and only have the second
and should get the thrid?

Or joined before first one and still have not
recieved 2nd?

If its that last option then there has to be
a problem.. we can check on, and send another
if need be.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-06-2003 12:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

As for me & my house... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
You don't have the 2nd AC disc?

Did you join after the first disc was done and only have the second and should get the thrid?

Or joined before first one and still have not recieved 2nd?

If its that last option then there has to be a problem.. we can check on, and send another if need be.

The last.... We exchanged e-mails about it a month or so ago, & you indicated then that you'd send another disk. I still don't have it, though.... I shot another e-mail about a week ago, but hadn't heard back.... and as indicated elsewhere, sometimes this route works better....

04-06-2003 14:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

after only 2 mediocre songs on the second AC disc, i don't think i will renew.... Red Face

Cool
04-06-2003 17:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Or joined before first one and still have not
recieved 2nd?

If its that last option then there has to be
a problem.. we can check on, and send another
if need be.

joined before the first, need second.

cool, check on when you get a chance, but like i said, i'm in no hurry ,for some strange reason. i guess it was all the negative talk about it that i'm not that interested in it...but i still want it and will renew regardless. I'm afraid i might miss something.
04-06-2003 20:48 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Administrator

Our wires got crossed a bit.. my brother was under the impression that all of the AC2 discs were shipped. They haven't all shipped yet. We still have 60 or so that still need to go out. The store has not been able to afford to ship them any faster. The last week has been fairly good, so we may be able to get a lot of the remaining discs out. Sales have been poor from January through March, so what little has come in has gone to just keeping all of our heads above water. We've had nothing extra to put towards things like this... even shipping Hodgepodge was pretty rough. Barely got through that.

re: Carl's disc.
Your second copy is with the remaining CDs. I'm going over our March sales/bills right now - trying to get some bills paid - and I should know in the next day or two whether or not we can ship the rest of the club discs out. I'll let everyone know.

re: future club stuff...
We'd like to set up either a secure section of the site for club members and/or a private section on the message board - where club members could log in and hear exclusive clips, download some MP3s, watch video clips and maybe even get advance sneak peeks at future projects, etc. The next club disc will be something very different than the first two. The first two were made from two DATs that were sitting around.. thats all of the songs from those tapes. So, the next one will have to be something different. I've heard some interesting ideas thrown around.. including a few video releases.

04-06-2003 20:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I will continue to support the band with purchases from this site. Big Grin

04-07-2003 12:40 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I will continue to support the band with purchases from this site. Big Grin

Me Too! ...as soon as they start taking Discover Card.

oh, I forgot my wife TooK away my Discover Card again...

but, I STiLL Have PaYPaL Big Grin

do they take PaYPaL at the DA Webstore ?

04-07-2003 12:51 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Not that I'm aware of.

04-07-2003 23:42 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

I continue to purchase everything that comes out.
04-08-2003 12:37 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yo, mighty audioris.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Our wires got crossed a bit.. my brother was under the impression that all of the AC2 discs were shipped. They haven't all shipped yet. We still have 60 or so that still need to go out. The store has not been able to afford to ship them any faster. The last week has been fairly good, so we may be able to get a lot of the remaining discs out. Sales have been poor from January through March, so what little has come in has gone to just keeping all of our heads above water. We've had nothing extra to put towards things like this... even shipping Hodgepodge was pretty rough. Barely got through that.

Your second copy is with the remaining CDs. I'm going over our March sales/bills right now - trying to get some bills paid - and I should know in the next day or two whether or not we can ship the rest of the club discs out. I'll let everyone know.

....any further word as to when the "Gang of 60" might be released? Big Grin

04-17-2003 13:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yo audioris.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Up HERE ^

Big Grin

04-21-2003 07:55 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hi carl.

Just wanted to say that Smile

The board's been awfully quiet the last few days........

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-21-2003 10:14 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yep.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can't guess why.... Roll Eyes

Speaking of which, I wonder who our newest member REALLY is.... now let's see, who'd be staying home on an Easter Sunday to post on the DAmb??? Big Grin Tongue

04-21-2003 10:17 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hmm, didn't notice that....................

it was pretty quiet around here yesterday....I did get on in the afternoon, and again in the evening, but there wasn't much activity going on.

which is just as well, huh??

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-21-2003 11:20 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Let's try this again.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
quote:

....any further word as to when the "Gang of 60" might be released? Big Grin

04-22-2003 18:58 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Pretty please??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I mean, it's been four months now since everyone but the Gang of 60 got theirs.... Crying Crying Crying

04-29-2003 13:33 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH