Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Questions for Audiori about Derwood show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Questions for Audiori about Derwood show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Questions for Audiori about Derwood show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audiori,

I just spoke with my sound guy for the concert in Derwood about video taping the concert. The plan is to have two video recorders going. One stationary and one mobile (still looking for someone to man this recorder). Both will be picking up sound from the internal mikes. We are also going to record an audio only on cd using the sound system (ie no audience sound will be recorded).

There is a small chance (10%) that a friend of a friend who is a professional video guy may come with his equipment to make a recording.

Questions:

1) Am I allowed to do this?

2) Any restrictions on use?

3)Is this something that DA /the Lost Dogs would be interested in having (for some future project maybe)?

DA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Ben
07-01-2004 13:34 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The only restriction I know of is that everyone on the DAmb gets a free copy.

Isn't that right everyone?

07-01-2004 14:41 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Send one to Mike Roe.

Generally they allow it, sometimes there are restrictions
based on the venue or if they plan on releasing a live show
from the recordings they make of the tour. And sometimes
if they happen to be on a certain label the label might not
like it.

My suggestion would be, given the opportunity talk to
Mike, Terry or Derri and ask. Mike would probably be the best
one to ask on this, but? Mike probably checks his email on tour
as well... mike@77s.com

A lot of people have taped shows and sent them to the guys,
if it turns out really well... who knows they might use it for
something. The 77s have been trying to find some live footage
to release I know for a fact. Plus they look for stuff to put up
for download as well.

They generally are more concerned with approving what gets
distributed because it's possible even a show we like has something
in it they don't. That would be the restriction of use I think.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-01-2004 14:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ben Ben is a male
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 06-15-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ben
Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will talk with Mike and the Guys at the show. Not looking to make any money here - just give something back to the guys and the fans.

Ben
07-01-2004 14:59 Ben is offline Send an Email to Ben Search for Posts by Ben Add Ben to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I think they will have no problem with it. And if it
turns out well, they will appreciate it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-01-2004 15:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Questions for Audiori about Derwood show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH