Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page friday
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

commander -- nice set list! you're playing several songs we've never ever played live.

this is one of the odd things to me about DA. because we never tour anymore and because there are so many songs to possibly play, there are a lot of songs that we never play live, even once. glad you're doing some of them.

are you recording this? i'd really like to hear it. i'm really curious how you figured out some of the oddball guitar and bass parts.

(sometimes we'll try to relearn a song and if it has a strange, difficult-to-figure-out part, which many of them do, we'll just scrap it and play something we can figure out. that's also a function of how little we play live anymore. that's the way it goes.)

have a great gig!!
10-24-2003 15:30 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Tim! Smile )

Thanks for checking me out.....

uh, my website that is. Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
actually - I replaced it with harmonica (I know, I'm a wussy at heart...)

PLus BD only gave me 7 seconds of fame..soo you can't hear me blow
well- the whole tune blows, but......

jiMIny, I didn't want to give away too much of what you did with the song. The short clip was the bare bones of all that you had going on. I love your intro BTW! I could make a longer clip if you and Tim would like me to. Wink Or should we keep everyone else wanting more? Tongue

Just for the rest of you out there, I'm not a big fan of Ribbons and Bows. JimInys version of the song has corrected my thinking and I am giving the original another chance. I know from the last Fan Disc there were others saying the same thing about some of the songs. When you hear what other fans are getting out of the words and music, it can be a real eye opener to something you missed before. Like Carl's stripped down version of "God Went Bowling" or Theo's version of "Angels Tuck You In". Cool

BD

10-24-2003 15:34 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Awww, man! Now you're making me regret not emailing you for that last copy you had. Frown

10-24-2003 15:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Tim
Yeah, ther's a few songs that I was really questioning in the beginning, but, now I think we're covering them pretty good. As far as the giutar parts go I have no idea what those guys are playing, I'm just trying to fill as much percussion stuff in as I can. (Without giving them a way) A couple of the fast songs can really wear a guy out, no wonder you don't tour any more. Slappedhard is doing a wonderful job on bass, you'd be proud of him. We're going to try and record, but, I'm not promising anything.
10-24-2003 15:40 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

I can still make copies of dämb it, just not the artwork. (it's not the same without the artwork. that was the whole project, not the songs. Tongue )

If you buy something from the DA store, I will send you a copy of dämb it with a limited version of the artwork. Smile )

BD

10-24-2003 15:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Tim
Yeah, ther's a few songs that I was really questioning in the beginning, but, now I think we're covering them pretty good. As far as the giutar parts go I have no idea what those guys are playing, I'm just trying to fill as much percussion stuff in as I can. (Without giving them a way) A couple of the fast songs can really wear a guy out, no wonder you don't tour any more. Slappedhard is doing a wonderful job on bass, you'd be proud of him. We're going to try and record, but, I'm not promising anything.

You better record it! Mad

I want a tune for MNF Tongue Wink Cool

10-24-2003 15:45 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, BD!
10-24-2003 15:48 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Bd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I could make a longer clip if you and Tim would like me to. Or should we keep everyone else wanting more?

- keep em drooling (because of their meds- not me)

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-24-2003 15:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

RE: Bd Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
I could make a longer clip if you and Tim would like me to. Or should we keep everyone else wanting more?

- keep em drooling (because of their meds- not me)

heh heh

I don't get it Frown

10-24-2003 16:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Hey Tim, happy friday!

i'm kinda hungry. Have you ever had the Grilled Portobella Sandwich at Lynn's Paradise? i thought i might order it.

Ever been to a 10 man football game? i haven't. We are going to watch one of the foster boys tonight in their homecoming game.
10-24-2003 16:06 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

hey, baxter--

i've only been to lynn's once and had breakfast -- it was really good!

never seen 10 man football (um, i'm sure i'm missing something -- why don't they just add the extra guy?)
10-24-2003 16:10 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

The smaller high schools go with fewer players. Maybe it is 8 man?
10-24-2003 16:12 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

i've heard of 8 and 6 man -- probably eight. where do you live, baxter?
10-24-2003 16:13 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i'm living in Paso Robles, CA now, but the game is in Templeton. We are right about in the middle of SF and LA, inland slightly.
10-24-2003 16:15 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

you guys aren't having brush fires up there, are you? the ones in so. cal. are getting close to where my sister-in-law lives (san dimas.)
10-24-2003 16:18 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i hope i haven't disappointed you too terribly much by not submitting anything to MNF? i don't want my peers to writhe with envy after hearing me.
10-24-2003 16:19 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey tim.

yep, sadly it's raining ash here in monrovia today.

10-24-2003 16:20 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

No fires at this time here. The SoCal fires are terrible!
10-24-2003 16:20 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

ah, that's entirely understandable. (the not submitting anything to MNF, not the fires or ash raining down!)

((note to self: hey, knucklehead, start including the post you're replying to.))

hey, wes -- wow, you're getting that stuff all the way over to monrovia?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tchandler: 10-24-2003 16:24.

10-24-2003 16:20 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Have you heard from Tonio lately? i was just looking at his web site last night and recalling a great bar gig the two of you did in Pomona(?) years back.
10-24-2003 16:22 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH