Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Church - A Love Hate Relationship » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Church - A Love Hate Relationship
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship Mountain Fan 03-07-2004 11:49
 RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship Mountain Fan 03-07-2004 12:33
 RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship PuP 03-05-2004 22:10
 RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship Squidzit 03-05-2004 22:12

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Mountain, I had the same problem for a long time. I used to get anoyed at people that I thought were just going through the motions. People that were going for the glory and recognition. I used to get frustrated with people all the time. Then I realized that the same people that I had problems with also had problems with me. Hmmmm, maybe I was not the only on that was right. Novel idea that. Tongue

Amen!

quote:
I did the whole "Steeple Chase" thing. Apostolic, UPC, AG. I even tried Presbyterian. I kinda liked that. Very different than any church I had ever been to.

Although I have been to a number of different denominations, I haven't felt like I have been steeple chasing, more of God chasing.

quote:
My mom and dad always told me to keep my eyes on God and not the people around me. They said when I was perfect, the others would be also. I finaly got it. Smile

I quit going to the church I grew up in because of the looking at man thing and stayed away 3 or 4 years. After I got saved I think I had learned my lesson on this point.
My biggest problem now has been with church leadership seeming to lead many astray, not just looking at their personal imperfections like we all have. The last church we were in had a lot of that "phony crap to get attendance up" type stuff going on behind the scenes as near as I can tell (dorfsmith quote from Angels thread in off-topic area). I wouldn't quite call them a cult yet but they were well on their way there. Some friends of ours that now go to our church but used to go to a different one in the area really had an experience where their "Christian church" turned into a cult.

My wife and I were talking that it is really sad when you need support groups for people damaged by churches. The church is supposed to be the support group for the world. There's this guy called (I think) David Heinke from Georgia that some of them have met with to get past their experiences. They are now doing a study from this group. (I couldn't find the info. I'm at home with our 2 1/2 boy who "lost his corn" last night. My wife is at church with our daughter).

quote:
Now I've moved to Ohio and need to find another church. I'd better get my "I want to be a clone" tape out and dust it off. It's gonna be a bumpy ride. Pleased Tongue

Pray for me and my family.

Prayers going up! May God bless your family with a short search and a path to a great body of believers making a difference in your new community and making allowances for individuality and imperfections!
03-07-2004 11:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by Mountain Fan
RE: Church - A Love Hate Relationship Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, here's a link:
http://www.watchman.org/watchman.htm
This is the organization that David Heinke is associated with (President or the like).
dheinke@watchman.org

Note this is NOT affiliated in any way with the Watchtower society of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-07-2004 12:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's a really nice mosque in Perrysburg. Red Face

In case you care, Squid.

03-05-2004 22:10 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Roll Eyes I've seen it. It's about a mile from where I live now. But....

....all my turbans got lost in the move. Frown

Roll Eyes

~Groucho~
03-05-2004 22:12 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Church - A Love Hate Relationship

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH