Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I'm gonna go see the DOGS!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I'm gonna go see the DOGS!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Me too Big Grin

05-12-2003 10:52 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I was there, too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, this was one great show.

Mike and Terry in particular were in rare form. Mike did some cool things with his guitar all night; it gave the evening a more loose, spontaneous feel than normal, which is great in my book.

They did a number of tunes off NCT, but it was also a nice mix of old and new. Favorite song of the night: If You Loved Here (amazing the percussion you can get from an acoustic guitar!)

I must also say the guys were very, very gracious after the show. Terry let me take a picture of us two with his arm around me, as did Derri with our dear friends who were there. Had a nice little chat with Mike as well.

They also did a nice job with the lighting that night. When they had a more melancholy song, they would turn the lights blue and down. When they sang 'why is the devil red', the lights were (hmmm?)

This fun kind of concert continues to be the turning point for my dear wife. Seeing Terry here (and at sea-stone in the past couple of years) got her over the hump of not liking "that weird music" (ala DA). She now recognizes their great musical and lyrical talent; she always has a great time and talks about it with her friends in the most flattering terms.

What more can I say? The guys did not disappoint. If you're sitting on the fence wondering if you should travel a few hours to see them, do it!

05-12-2003 11:47 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Woolly Eggwhisk

Addendum Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh, I almost forgot.

Jeffrey K., thank you for promoting this thing. We appreciate your labor of love.

The cool thing that night was to see some young people there. The one thing I'd like to see though is churches taking groups of people. How 'bout it, ladies and gents?

Anyway, thanks again, and let's do it again soon.

05-12-2003 11:53 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by JR88
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Yeah, this was one great show.

Mike and Terry in particular were in rare form. Mike did some cool things with his guitar all night; it gave the evening a more loose, spontaneous feel than normal, which is great in my book.

They did a number of tunes off NCT, but it was also a nice mix of old and new. Favorite song of the night: If You Loved Here (amazing the percussion you can get from an acoustic guitar!)

I must also say the guys were very, very gracious after the show. Terry let me take a picture of us two with his arm around me, as did Derri with our dear friends who were there. Had a nice little chat with Mike as well.

They also did a nice job with the lighting that night. When they had a more melancholy song, they would turn the lights blue and down. When they sang 'why is the devil red', the lights were (hmmm?)

This fun kind of concert continues to be the turning point for my dear wife. Seeing Terry here (and at sea-stone in the past couple of years) got her over the hump of not liking "that weird music" (ala DA). She now recognizes their great musical and lyrical talent; she always has a great time and talks about it with her friends in the most flattering terms.

What more can I say? The guys did not disappoint. If you're sitting on the fence wondering if you should travel a few hours to see them, do it!

I'm sorry John I totally forgot you were gonna be there Confused I forgot to look for you, many apologies and forgiveness is requested. I sat in the front row with my bros, where were you? Awesome show Big Grin

05-12-2003 12:00 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Woolly Eggwhisk

I was... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...third row, right side, at center aisle.

Yeah, I was looking for a gentleman with a Dale Earnhardt hat, but had no luck. That's okay, though.

Were you in the row with the guy who won the Riki CD? Had a nice chat with him afterward.

05-12-2003 12:39 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

didn't wear any #8 garb.....I gotta do laundry...ooops.

05-12-2003 12:50 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

The anonymous dog-man

05-12-2003 12:59 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Ok here I am, ladies and gentlemen DRIVER8........... Big Grin

05-12-2003 13:03 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Oh, I almost forgot.

Jeffrey K., thank you for promoting this thing. We appreciate your labor of love.

Anyway, thanks again, and let's do it again soon.

Thanks John...it was a good night for the band, and they played well, had fun, so that was cool.

On my end, the room was just OK, HARD TO FIND, cold, WAY too big, several sound issues, expensive for the 80 people that showed up. The guy that ran the room (who also did the announcements) seemed to forget every time he went up on stage that he was supposed to announce that it was a Lo-Fidelity backed show...stuff like that. I think he may have mentioned the dvd at one point, who knows. It's fairly annoying when you spend a few hundred bucks on a room to have people "forget" stuff like that. He seemed to remember to promote the Riki show pretty well though! (No offense to Riki at all, I'll be there for her show..but you get the gist of what I'm saying.) Anyway, where was everyone?? Confused Last time we had close to 140, and this time around 80?? Oh well.

I'm tired...

jeffrey k.

05-12-2003 13:35 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Don't get me wrong here, we all had a great time. There were just some issues I wish we could have had go differently...one of which is more people actually coming to the show! Get out and support the band!! These are great shows, don't miss them!

jeffrey k.

05-12-2003 16:33 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Bring one to CA and I'll be thereCool

05-12-2003 18:44 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
Don't get me wrong here, we all had a great time. There were just some issues I wish we could have had go differently...one of which is more people actually coming to the show! Get out and support the band!! These are great shows, don't miss them!

jeffrey k.

Amen to that! I printed and posted posters for the show at local music stores and christian book stores. I told as many people about it as I could, even lending my prized Dogs CD's to them to sample. I passed out fliers at Zondervan and spread the word as best as one person can. I'm with you jeffrey k. next time your promoting a show let me know and I'll do what I can on my end. Big Grin

05-13-2003 08:31 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8

I printed and posted posters for the show at local music stores and christian book stores. I told as many people about it as I could, even lending my prized Dogs CD's to them to sample. I passed out fliers at Zondervan and spread the word as best as one person can.
[/QUOTE]

That is really cool man...thanks for the support. Really, you made my day. Next time we have a show, your ticket in is on me. (just be sure to remind me!)

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

05-13-2003 13:11 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

I printed and posted posters for the show at local music stores and christian book stores. I told as many people about it as I could, even lending my prized Dogs CD's to them to sample. I passed out fliers at Zondervan and spread the word as best as one person can.

That is really cool man...thanks for the support. Really, you made my day. Next time we have a show, your ticket in is on me. (just be sure to remind me!)

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude! Anything to do with the Dogs or Da I am happy to spread the word. My goal is to get them to Naperville and with God's help get them at my church which has 2500 seats! I'd like to do this next year so pray with me so this can get accomplished. It would be great to fill alot of those seats!! Check out our church website..... Big Grin

Calvary Church Naperville

05-13-2003 13:23 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Luteous Llama

quote:

Thanks dude! Anything to do with the Dogs or Da I am happy to spread the word. My goal is to get them to Naperville and with God's help get them at my church which has 2500 seats! I'd like to do this next year so pray with me so this can get accomplished. It would be great to fill alot of those seats!! Check out our church website..... Big Grin

Calvary Church Naperville
[/QUOTE]

I'm familair with your church, been to a shows there in a coffeehouse thing they had. Saw Charlie Peackock (or however you spell his name) and Rick Elias. 2500 seats...sheesh...I'd like to fill 200 seats!

jeffrey k.

05-13-2003 13:33 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

It can be done! I'm continually working people trying to get them to listen to the music I like, it's an uphill battle. But I'm determined Big Grin

05-13-2003 13:48 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
Grand Encephalon

If it wasn't for people like us people would only listen to top 40 crap. I've bought several DA CD's for friends and they never said if they liked them or not. Maybe their kids will find it and put it on one day. Some of you may remember this story I told a while back about a kid's 18th birthday party I went to. All the high school boys and girls were looking for something to dance to and I said hey I have a copy of Vox Humana in the car let me get it. To my amazement they loved it and played it over and over all night. Dance, stop was a big hit Big Grin I ended up giving the CD to the kid as a bonus present for his birthday.

05-13-2003 16:42 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

DANCE

STOP

DANCE
05-13-2003 21:11 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
I'm continually working people trying to get them to listen to the music I like, it's an uphill battle.

Ummm, yeah. I feel the same way...so much so that I started a record label...perhaps you've heard of it? Wink

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

05-13-2003 22:54 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Don't they specialize in small market artists who should by rights sell millions of records?

05-13-2003 23:14 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I'm gonna go see the DOGS!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH