Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ten Gallon Hat » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ten Gallon Hat
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Cool.

01-11-2003 11:29 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been wanting to get this for a while, I am so glad the Townsends cleaned their attic, or under the bed, or where-ever... I guess I don't want to know where they stash the stuff the more I think about it! Shocked

01-11-2003 11:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I just ordered me a copy of ten gallon hat

you need it to cover your devil horns! Tongue

01-11-2003 11:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Nice quality Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I got 10-gallon hat a few years ago at Cornerstone, it was represented as a rough, unpolished version of the upcoming John Wayne. I was pleasantly surprised that the EP quality was superb, and the difference hardly noticable to me from the final recording.

For those who don't have it, it is truly a collector's item, and one that will undoubtedly be valuable in the coming years. There were only a thousand ever printed and they're individually numbered, with Terry's autograph. No new songs for the collection, but one you really ought to have.

Snap it up while you can.

01-11-2003 11:36 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
I guess I don't want to know where they stash the stuff the more I think about it! Shocked

Big Grin

I got my copy before they were stashed away.

BD
01-11-2003 11:37 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
When I got 10-gallon hat a few years ago at Cornerstone, it was represented as a rough, unpolished version of the upcoming John Wayne. I was pleasantly surprised that the EP quality was superb, and the difference hardly noticable to me from the final recording.

For those who don't have it, it is truly a collector's item, and one that will undoubtedly be valuable in the coming years. There were only a thousand ever printed and they're individually numbered, with Terry's autograph. No new songs for the collection, but one you really ought to have.

Snap it up while you can.

for 5 bucks I should really buy a few... but I am not smart enough to do that! Smile

01-11-2003 11:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

5 bucks! I didn't read that part... well, John Wayne is my least favorite TST recording, well after that good ole' country album from '76... Wink Anyways, just ordered it. Big Grin

01-11-2003 11:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
5 bucks! I didn't read that part... well, John Wayne is my least favorite TST recording, well after that good ole' country album from '76... Wink Anyways, just ordered it. Big Grin

good for you! Tongue

01-11-2003 11:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

JOEY

you don't like JW?

ok, but I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. Evil

BD
01-11-2003 12:05 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I didn't say I don't like it, just compared with some of the other stuff that TST has done........ well... Wink

01-11-2003 12:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
I guess I don't want to know where they stash the stuff the more I think about it! Shocked

Big Grin

I got my copy before they were stashed away.

BD

Me too

01-11-2003 19:13 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Really? I like the album. Well about half of the songs are really top notch, the other half are probably some of my lesser favorite solo songs.

01-11-2003 19:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I already had one, but ordered two more just in case my first becomes unplayable.

01-11-2003 19:49 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Now if everyone would do the same...

01-11-2003 20:05 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

They would still sell 1/3 as many albums as Jump 5.
01-11-2003 20:11 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

As Mike Roe and Terry Taylor would say, they might sell 5 more copies.

01-11-2003 20:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
I have been wanting to get this for a while, I am so glad the Townsends cleaned their attic, or under the bed, or where-ever... I guess I don't want to know where they stash the stuff the more I think about it! Shocked

Not only have we been cleaning out our.. ahem.. "storage areas", but so has Terry. Get your check books ready... take out a loan... hold on to your wigs and keys.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-11-2003 22:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I'm standing by

01-11-2003 22:23 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Yeah, baby! Tongue

That's what I'm talkin' about! Tongue

01-12-2003 11:48 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Tongue more stuff to buy!!!

Frown more stuff to buy

Crying need more money

Pleased I'll just have to put in some overtime at work.

Roll Eyes
01-12-2003 11:52 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ten Gallon Hat

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH