Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite DA Concert » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite DA Concert
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dennis
[QUOTE]Originally posted by baxter
Crying

i think i'd rather be a virgin, Mark.

but don't tell the goat lady...

Shocked
quote:

That does sound bad, Mark, if ya think about it too long...

What's thinking?

I don't know, but it's not allowed on the damb! Tongue

11-27-2002 19:18 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by morimoto
I saw Da/Swirling Eddies in concert one time in'90 at Cornerstone. The first half was the Eddies followed by the DA set. It was the first year of the Eddies. Terry & Co. came out all dressed in thier own costumes. I remember Terry wearing a really big hat, and I think Rob wore a dress and Mctaggart was some sort of caveman, can't remember what the others were. After that set they changed clothes and did an amazing DA set. Randy Stonehill came on stage to sing the Animal's song "we gotta get out of this place" with the band because it was so hot in that metal building.

that would have been fun even in the heat!

BD
11-27-2002 19:36 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

No kidding...I've never seen "Da Boyz" yet...I hope they make it to Eugene some day...Tongue

The Dogs were great, though...Smile

11-27-2002 20:31 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Cornerstone 90 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup, one of the most memorable DA concerts for
me... Randy Stonehill opened, it was actually called
the Amos n Randy reunion concert.

Because of a bizaare string of events we got to go back
stage before the concert, and I remember Terry, Tim
and Ed sitting there on folding chairs and a big
punch bowl full of M&Ms. Greg and Jerry were on stage
at the time working with the guitars....
later when we were back outside in line to get in the
big metal bomb shelter of a concert hall.. Rob Watson
walked up to the front door and needed in, and the
security kid (seems like the kid had a DA shirt on)
wouldn't let him in at first.. then Rob said something
to the effect of.. "I'm with the band!!"
Sharon McCall was with the Eddies as Mary Baker Eddy,
which got a good laugh durring the band introductions.
Durring the concert, the temperature rose to, oh about
120 degrees in the giant metal box.. the concert lasted
about 3 hours I think... Steve Hindelong and Dan Michaels
came onstage for interprative dancing durring the whole
"I Didn't Build It For Me" Schtick.. and the encore was
"We Gotta Get Out of This Place", "I Want To Hold Your
Hand", and "What a Wonderful World" with Randy and Terry
both singing.

A couple other memories from that day were seeing Rick
Elias in the exhibition tent with his 80's rock hair and
black leather fringe outfit (seemd too hot for the look),
and standing in line behind Larry Norman for what seemed
like an eternity to finally make my way through the
exhibition tent.

Parts of it are a blur and parts of it stick out in my mind
like an old movie or snapshots.

jason

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-27-2002 21:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

DA/CrimeHorse Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That concert sounds like it was a blast!

Say, audiori, I've been wondering about the DA/CrimeHorse demos/tracks...What was that?...ya know the ones' that were recorded and released on Alternative Records/Stunt's "Shirley, Goodness & Misery/No Sense of History" Double-Discs?

As well as the other tracks from the earlier HD/Larry Norman period. Those songs are awesome...

Also, Rob Watson's tunes...where they ever released to the public?

Thanks...EH

11-28-2002 12:42 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes we know some songs will be released on HD II, but were there other Crime Horse songs?

11-28-2002 17:32 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Administrator

There is at least one more Crime Horse song that we know
of...

Early 1988

Terry went into the studio with Tim Chandler, Greg Flesch and
Dave Raven and recorded at least three songs ("Suns Down",
"Like Lazarus" and "Stones Of Venice") if not more, under the
moniker "Crime Horse". They wanted to release a full album of this
material, but these songs were rejected by the label which
preferred a less serious approach. As a result, the Swirling
Eddies were born!

The Better two were released on Shirley Goodness and Misery,
"Suns Down" is similar but maybe less catchy. There maybe
more, not really asked Terry if there were more.

The question is where should this track end up? Or if there
is more, where do they all go? A Bonus track on something,
or in some sort of box set or something? That decision would
be up to Terry and the guys. There are other recordings from
different time periods, a DA box set at some
point would be awsome. We've also tossed around the idea
of a DanielAmos.com Archive series of some kind for odd
recordings that don't fit anywhere else. Sort of just all depends,
we need to discuss some of this with Terry to find out what he
would like to see. And whatever songs Larry doesn't use on HDII....
would be cool to use on something.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2002 18:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that other song existed.

11-28-2002 18:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Yeah..thanks audiori...Smile

That helps to clear up alot...I thought that CrimeHorse was some sort of precursor to the Eddies.

11-29-2002 12:28 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

It's good to get all the straight dope here!

12-03-2002 15:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

DA Live Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The best DA concert was on April 4, 1980 at Bethel College in Roseville Minnesota, it was the "Amos & Randy Tour", Horrendous Disc was about to be in stores followed closely by Alarma, so hearing these great tunes for the first time (some anyway, I had already heard mos of HD via Horrendous Disc Radio Show) they even did "Cinema Girl" which will hopefully be released soon(Eric. Jason, Tom or whoever has the keys to the vault), you're all gonna love that tune. BD don't be upset, but, I've seen DA 10 times.
God Bless All Of You Whippersnappers
Commander Cote
12-03-2002 16:35 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
The best DA concert was on April 4, 1980 at Bethel College in Roseville Minnesota, it was the "Amos & Randy Tour", Horrendous Disc was about to be in stores followed closely by Alarma, so hearing these great tunes for the first time (some anyway, I had already heard mos of HD via Horrendous Disc Radio Show) they even did "Cinema Girl" which will hopefully be released soon(Eric. Jason, Tom or whoever has the keys to the vault), you're all gonna love that tune. BD don't be upset, but, I've seen DA 10 times.
Commander Cote

C.C.,
What a piece of history you have with you. I am jealous.

12-03-2002 17:11 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

quote:
Commander Cote

someday I hope to see DA, but I have been blessed to see Terry 4 times in the last 4 years so I'm doing ok. thanks for the concern CC. Big Grin

BD
12-03-2002 17:37 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Commander Cote

I am jealous!

do you still want to get together for lunch?

12-07-2002 12:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

That song will possibly be included on Larry's
Horrendous Disc Part II CD.

If not, then the band will put it on something I am sure.

12-07-2002 15:43 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
That song will possibly be included on Larry's
Horrendous Disc Part II CD.

If not, then the band will put it on something I am sure.

I don't know why, but I have this fear that HD part II will be an awful lot like HD part I Frown

12-09-2002 16:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Thread Starter Thread Started by bdavis
Favorite DA Concert - Southern CA? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My favorite DA concert WILL BE the forthcoming, much talked about since April 2002, DA concert in Southern California. Has anyone heard any updates?

Also just wanted to ask if there is anyone else in Texas with a DA decal on their primary mode of transportation?
12-18-2002 17:44 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by bdavis
My favorite DA concert WILL BE the forthcoming, much talked about since April 2002, DA concert in Southern California. Has anyone heard any updates?

Also just wanted to ask if there is anyone else in Texas with a DA decal on their primary mode of transportation?

that will be mine also if it happens... Confused

I have DA on my truck and a Lost Dogs that I had made for me. but I'm not in Texas.

BD

12-18-2002 18:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

MERRY CHRISTMAS

12-20-2002 08:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite DA Concert

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH