Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's most boring song
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
One Weigh Street
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
1WAY-
DONT THEY SING
Hey La
Hey aloha -
at the end of Hello/Goodbye?
(One of my flavorite b-tunes btw.)
LYRICS-
note:
one version says:Hela, heba helloa
and one says: Hey la Hey aloha
If you recall the video-they had girls in hula skirts on the stage during the finale.
its your call.
jiMiny

I don't hear a distinct "aloha" anywhere in that song.

Its funny, for a couple years I was asking myself which Beatles song that Keaggy's "Reunion of Friends" sounds like. I knew it was Beatles all the way; but I couldn't peg it down. Then one day it just dawned on me:

"Look at you, look at me" in ROF sounds exactly like
"You say yes, I say no" in GH.
Jim
04-30-2003 23:02
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AND the song Love Divine (from C and B)
is such a rip of "Send all my lovin"
-but I think its intentional
(btw- that was the FIRST song that people all over America heard via Mr Ed.....)

but anyway
- some think the song ends with
Hey la hey aloha
cha cha
Hey La hey aloha
(whoo whoo)
I'll ask Paul the next time I run into him.
jimiNY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-01-2003 08:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

boy, the stuff you LEARN here.......

hey la hey, aloha.............

yeah, sounds right to me Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-01-2003 09:45 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
One Weigh Street
unregistered

The real question is whether they say "cranberry sauce" or "I bury Paul" in Strawberry Fields.

When I think of that eerie organ part at the end of that song when I turn off the light in my basement to go upstairs in the dark, my hair still stands up after all these years.
Jim
05-01-2003 12:45
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
my hair still stands up after all these years.
Jim

........ \||//

05-01-2003 12:53 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
my hair still stands up after all these years.
Jim

........ \||//

I have much cooler looking glasses than that now. Those are pretty out-of-date, aren't they? That picutres from back in '97 or '98. I'll have to send a latest and greatest sometime.
Jim
05-01-2003 12:57
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:
The song I don't care for is "I believe in you."
It just sounds like bad 1970's crap! Shocked

really though, who else thinks this song is kinda lame?

really???

it is a mellow song, but not really boring

maybe a bit lame, but Terry has several lame or corny songs. that doesn't make them boring. and I even like lame and corny at times Big Grin

BD

I don't mind the corny songs, this song just glows with warmth.
I guess it's not boring... Terry really does not have too many boring songs. "Ain't gonna fight it" is kinda boring as it just goes on and and on, but I kinda like that song.

also NONE of the MBD songs are boring at all! Mad
So there!

05-01-2003 16:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Terry doesn't have boring songs.

05-03-2003 09:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Terry doesn't have boring songs.

Au Contraire! (or however you spell it)

I can't belive nobody mentioned the mind-numbing effects of "From the King to the King" on Songs For The Day After Christmas.

All apologies to Terry, but this was REALLY boring.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
05-03-2003 10:53 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Glorious Dregs is a little hard to get into.

05-03-2003 11:11 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

Really?
That song breaks in half me every time.

05-03-2003 11:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I'm not sure if this counts as a boring Terry Song, since it was written by Lenny Cohen, but I seem to find myself skipping over "If it Be Your Will" All of the time.

I think it was placed in a bad spot on Green Room Serenade Part One - Sweet Work of Love and Mexico are both really rocking songs, and slamming a slow song between them like that sorta ruins the momentum. But hey, that's just my opinion.

~ Jeremy

05-03-2003 12:00
Ubique Epoque

Tongue

05-03-2003 12:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver
I'm not sure if this counts as a boring Terry Song, since it was written by Lenny Cohen, but I seem to find myself skipping over "If it Be Your Will" All of the time.

I think it was placed in a bad spot on Green Room Serenade Part One - Sweet Work of Love and Mexico are both really rocking songs, and slamming a slow song between them like that sorta ruins the momentum. But hey, that's just my opinion.

~ Jeremy

I love Cohen's writing. I think "up in the morning" is kinda that weak spot on that one. Tongue

05-03-2003 12:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I dunno - that whole disk is pretty strong, I think. I like "Up in the Morning", but "Mexico" and "Reasonable Service" are my faves on it right now.

~ Jeremy
05-03-2003 12:23
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver
I dunno - that whole disk is pretty strong, I think. I like "Up in the Morning", but "Mexico" and "Reasonable Service" are my faves on it right now.

~ Jeremy

I love "Mexico!" Cool

05-03-2003 12:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

Me too!

Any idea why they chose not to print ANY of the lyrics to Gene's songs in the liner notes???

~ Jeremy
05-03-2003 12:27
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

If you don't like Broken Ladders yer a big poop head.
05-03-2003 14:11 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dorfsmith

Oh I am huh Big Grin I didn't say I didn't like it. I said it was Terry's most boring song. As far as Glorious Dregs, The Radiant Dregs kind of came from that song so of course I like it. I should have said it was hard to get into at first.

05-03-2003 17:34 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith

I like that one a lot.

05-03-2003 18:53 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's most boring song

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH