Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please Tell your friends about Charlotte! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Please Tell your friends about Charlotte!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bilbo Bilbo is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-25-2002

Please Tell your friends about Charlotte! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is Bilbo! I'm helping promote the show at in charlotte and I just hope to see some of you all there. It will be Wild Ride!
09-25-2002 12:36 Bilbo is offline Send an Email to Bilbo Search for Posts by Bilbo Add Bilbo to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Be sure to let us Left Coasters know how it goes...

09-25-2002 12:50 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
This is Bilbo! I'm helping promote the show at in charlotte and I just hope to see some of you all there. It will be Wild Ride!

Another Tolkien fan, by any chance?
09-25-2002 13:00 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm a huge Tolkien fan.....It was a happy day when I found out that he and C.S. Lewis were chums....

09-25-2002 13:07 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

A PERFECT OPPURTUNITY!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have been meaning to post my favorite quotes from LOTR-

I only have a few from FOTR-
cmon now its theraputic for me..................

FOTR quotes

“..despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.”
Gandalf

“For at least a while,” said Elrond, ” The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And neither strength or wisdom will carry us far upon it. This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.”

“We now live upon an island amid many perils, and our hands are more often upon the bowstring then upon the harp.”
Haldir-wood elf of Lothl’orien

am gathering my TTT quotes- will post when the NEXT one uses their big Hobbitlike.......foot!
JiMIny
09-25-2002 13:08 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I'm a huge Tolkien fan.....It was a happy day when I found out that he and C.S. Lewis were chums....

Yeah... although Tolkien didn't think too highly of the Chronicles of Narnia...
09-25-2002 13:08 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That's ok....I like 'em both....(Narnia and Middle Earth, that is)

09-25-2002 13:13 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

I read.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that JRT was a little miffed at CS-(maybe in jest)
cuz his little books to his grandaughter Lucy (if memory serves) did SO well- SO fast.
thats the story I recall.
Addisons Walk- a PK tune- is about the place they met at Cambridge.
Tolkien was painstaking at his epic-
CS was a bit more whimsical about the whole thing- the way one commentator put it.
JimINy
09-25-2002 15:19 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

and now they're both considered masters....

and their epics are both considered classics....

whimsy and scholarship.....

I like 'em both...

09-25-2002 15:23 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

brdh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It makes for a cool tale anyway
though I partly believe it

CS was a Protestant (died the same day as JFK- it did NOT make the news in the states till like- 3 days later-understandably)
and JRT a Catholic
strange bedfellows (not a good term maybe??) who
LOVED THE LORD!!!!!
perhaps an example for us (me) you-...
them?
JimiNy
09-25-2002 15:52 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I know I'll get in trouble, but.......

JRR got bogged down in the history, tradition, songs, and all of that

- got upset with

CSL who put his heart and spirit out on display in a world of whimsy and metaphor.

09-25-2002 16:22 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

According to a biography of Tolkien that I read, he was somewhat of jealous of easily Lewis seemed to write his books. Look at the years Tolkien spent writing LOTR. And then compare that to Lewis: a book a year.

Makes me think of a DA song...
09-25-2002 20:54 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Please Tell your friends about Charlotte!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH